California - Northern

I was afraid of that. These are closer up of the back chick. The body is black striping, but the head is more chestnut

Id say boy the chipmunk lines do not seem sharp and distinct.

You can see here on the day olds aside from the pitas in the picture the top two on the right are girls the bottom 2 on the left are boys.

@Audio51 visit the CLB thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/509483/cream-legbars

You will see some variation in the girl colors too but the striping is usually clearly marked.

There is occasionally a recessive white pattern that shows up.

Will do! I tried to find something about it on BYC before I posted but really didn't want to sift thru 100 pages of posts an there were multiple Crested Cream Legbar threads that came up. I will check that one out.

got back from my road trip to Carmichael to pick up my new rooster, wheaten ameraucana, He is a handsome fellow. the lady I bought him from was a very nice lady and had some beautiful birds. Plus some of wheaten ameraucana beautiful blue eggs to try to hatch. what a nice bonus

got back from my road trip to Carmichael to pick up my new rooster, wheaten ameraucana, He is a handsome fellow. the lady I bought him from was a very nice lady and had some beautiful birds. Plus some of wheaten ameraucana beautiful blue eggs to try to hatch. what a nice bonus

Congratulations on getting a new rooster! I would like to see pictures of him.
pop.gif
What breeder did you get him from?

Had fun at the Norcal show:) My kids very well and really are getting the " showing bug". It was really nice talking to the judges and fellow chicken people. I even ran into an old friend who I hadnt seen in years.

My kid's tired hens...done with showing and wanting to go home.

Back
Top Bottom