California - Northern

Hi there! I am in Lake County but my daughters went to SMC so I have spent time in your area. Welcome to this thread! Yes,, what sort of chickens do you have? I have a mostly mixed flock made up of a variety of birds mostly acquired through BYC breeders and a couple barnyard mixes I hatched.

I am on my way today to pick up two Crested Cream Legbar girls and a few others from a breeder in Sonoma county. Not sure what else she has but I have broodies who need babies and they will be so happy to get these!
I need a couple more girl CLB too so I can start breeding them next year

Hello does anyone have CRested creame legbars or golden cucko Marans? Or any auto sexing birds as a matter of fact? If so text me at 2094814058! Thanks

Oh & Ive already let her set six eggs for several days but I candled them all & none had any life.So I gave her chicken eggs.Do you think it's still possible just that the fertility rate is extremely low & that maybe like 1 out of 10 eggs will be fertile if so Im starting my incubator.....
do your ducks have water to breed in?

Quote: The guy at a horse ranch I worked at did that to a hen and a duck. When they hatched the mamas went completely crazy. The duckys went in the water mama chicken waded out her belly trying her best to talk those duckys out of the water. She was just scolding them like bad little children.. And the poor duck tried her best to get the chicks to swim. She just quacked and quacked. Chick would get their feet wet and that was about it.
Me and another gal caught them up that night and did a switch Left them pen up 2 or 3 days and the mamas excepted them happily ... All was well...

Back
Top Bottom