California - Northern

Last edited:
By 3-4 weeks several of mine had moved to sleeping on top of the EcoGlow and only the smallest/least feathered ones were still going underneath it.

I have a couple of others who will sleep up there during the day and in the early evening, but at night they make a chick pile with everyone else, lol. :) I have 3 that are nearly all feathered, so I could separate them into the other half of the brooder safely, I think.

I'm okay with them sleeping on top of it really, but if I add new chicks they will have to go and sleep in the other half of the cage instead, which I think will be fine for them. The roost is in that other half too and they do like that. :) It doesn't get below around 70 inside my house, they should be fine overnight (if necessary), right? Then have the less feathered 3 and the 2 babies with access to the heater? I mean maybe none of this is even necessary, I just want to be prepared.

Neighbor put a large Igloo dog house out at the curb and I promptly dragged it into my garage ... seems like it could be useful to chickendom. Maybe as a small coop in my side yard for birds that need to be quarantined? I was planning on building a secure pen over there anyway.
Score!!!

That happens when I use the brinsea plate.

I have the cover for the Premier plate--they cannot get on top:

Mine started roosting on the Premier plate at about 3-4 weeks; someone had suggested using Glad Press& Seal wrap - it works great! I just peel it off and replace it every couple of days.

I managed to get all 4 at once.

Back
Top Bottom