California - Northern

It looks like the one polish is doing to the other polish. Guess I need to separate them.
The white one s head look worse this morning.
That is surprising. I have never had Polish or Silkies bother each other's crests. Maybe it is a space issue or needing more protein. They will pick and eat feathers when lacking in protein. I like to feed all my birds Purina Flock Raiser from newly hatched chicks on up to adults.

Good luck, hope you can find a solution.
smile.png

I have been using it for several years now. It is safe and works well. Like posted, TSC sells it and you can buy it online.
well after I saw what it looks like, I was afraid that they would eat it... it's tiny white dots....we had a bag that we used for the horse stables and the mice chewed a hole in the bottom of the bag.... I picked it up and some went on the ground.... if I let them out, I'm afraid they will eat it...

I have been using it for several years now. It is safe and works well. Like posted, TSC sells it and you can buy it online.

I'm impressed! Good job! 
thank you.
The crop surgery was so easy! I was surprised.
I had a surgeon show me how to do Caponizing .
Have you seen the new geico commercial where the doctor is using the game of operation?
Every time I see that, I think "that would be me Caponizing alone" ;)

If they eat it, it will not hurt them.

It is not food, so they will not usually eat it though.

oh, I'm so glad that it won't hurt them if they eat it... I'll take out some watermelon for them today.... the automatic door opener is working great! So far nobody has been left out of the hen house...

Maybe I can come and get him Sunday afternoon about dinner time LOL I'll bring Sodas. I am only kidding . How is the (Cat Claw) seeds coming Along.
The black should cross good with the with the splash hens.

If they eat it, it will not hurt them.

It is not food, so they will not usually eat it though.

oh, I'm so glad that it won't hurt them if they eat it... I'll take out some watermelon for them today.... the automatic door opener is working great! So far nobody has been left out of the hen house...

Granny368W, from what I've read they make a granulated form for poultry that they can eat.

I got my first egg. It wasn't my BR who I was expecting so the color was a surprise. 1 layer down 15 more to go. She is 20 weeks old. I have 2 more EE and my BR the same age. Plus 2 RIR & 2 NH 18 weeks old, then 6 golden sex links & 2 Australorps 10 weeks old. Eggs here we come.
Congrats! I should be getting first eggs from some new girls soon too!

Quote: LOL!!! Why am I not surprised?

Quote: Wow...that sounds like a Spa Day I would enjoy!

Quote: Yep...TSC like everyone says. It may be where the Horse supplies are.

Quote: I bet you would be great!

Quote: I did have mine close one a Silkie. It just stopped one her and she was stuck. It was when I first installed it and they were getting used to it I freed her and it has not happened again.

thank you.
The crop surgery was so easy! I was surprised.
I had a surgeon show me how to do Caponizing .
Have you seen the new geico commercial where the doctor is using the game of operation?
Every time I see that, I think "that would be me Caponizing alone"
wink.png

I don't like the cutting part
sickbyc.gif
so I'm not sure I could do it even though I worked as a vet tech and assisted with surgeries, so I commend you. I have done my share of other saves. Star gazer, wry neck, internal layer, prolapse, bumble foot, injuries, hatching problems, etc. When you have had chickens for many years you learn the tricks on how to save them.

I have seen that commercial and it is hilarious!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom