California - Northern

We just got back from a visit to Ron's backyard sorta. MIL's memorial service in Rockville, so we stayed out at Lake Berryessa. Windy the entire time we were there. Coming home snow on Black Butte, Mt. Shasta hidden in clouds, pouring rain around Lake Shasta and hail in Yreka.

Well, DANG. I live within a mile of the Cemetery.
I always enjoy meeting up with chicken folk. :)
Aren't the grounds there beautiful? I love the stone church.

Just candled my bator and it looks like the Pita eggs are developing. Looks like one of the EE's eggs is good and the Jersey Giants egg is too. Might have a Pitax Buff Orp hybrid egg in the mix hard to tell them apart at this point. Looks like 7 or 8 of the 18 eggs are developing nicely at day 10. The 7 CLB eggs were all clears. Ill keep watching for fertile eggs in the frying pan.

Just candled my bator and it looks like the Pita eggs are developing. Looks like one of the EE's eggs is good and the Jersey Giants egg is too. Might have a Pitax Buff Orp hybrid egg in the mix hard to tell them apart at this point. Looks like 7 or 8 of the 18 eggs are developing nicely at day 10. The 7 CLB eggs were all clears. Ill keep watching for fertile eggs in the frying pan.

Cool, are you hatching to keep or sell?

Cool, are you hatching to keep or sell?
I could sell if someone is interested. Im just hoping to get more pullets so I can get the breeding program to improve. I have such a mix of pullets right now. Im hoping to diversify the gene pool as best I can with such a close knit group. I have 4 pullets from @PetRock and 3 from Ron and my boy is from Deb;s line too. Some of the girls from Ron are larger than Deb's so I may I may thin out my older birds here soon.

PM me if anyone is interested in Pitas.

Just curious, has anyone made anything for your feather kids out of palets? We have a bunch of them and I want to do something with them before they end up going away, but I'm not sure what. I'm looking more at shelter/shade more than anything, but I'm open to other ideas :D

Just curious, has anyone made anything for your feather kids out of palets? We have a bunch of them and I want to do something with them before they end up going away, but I'm not sure what.  I'm looking more at shelter/shade more than anything, but I'm open to other ideas :D

On the bottom of Sally sunshine signature line she has a link to pallet coops. I will try to find it for you. @Sally Sunshine

Meet the latest addition to "The Island of Misfit Chickens":
Marty Feldman

It is a midget white turkey poult hatched yesterday.
It seems to be blind in addition to the bulging eyes (a genetic deformity).
Here's a comparison pic:

I plan to gove it a forever home as long as its not suffering.

Meet the latest addition to "The Island of Misfit Chickens":
Marty Feldman

It is a midget white turkey poult hatched yesterday.
It seems to be blind in addition to the bulging eyes (a genetic deformity).
Here's a comparison pic:

I plan to gove it a forever home as long as its not suffering.
Aww, he's/she's cute. Hopefully, all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom