California - Northern

Just curious, has anyone made anything for your feather kids out of palets? We have a bunch of them and I want to do something with them before they end up going away, but I'm not sure what. I'm looking more at shelter/shade more than anything, but I'm open to other ideas :D

I made this for my indoor duck & one for the serama out of pallets, plywood & an oil pan.

Just curious, has anyone made anything for your feather kids out of palets? We have a bunch of them and I want to do something with them before they end up going away, but I'm not sure what. I'm looking more at shelter/shade more than anything, but I'm open to other ideas :D

Any pallets we came across were so busted up there was nothing worth salvaging. But we did save some plywood from our house remodeling and used pieceS for small lean-to shelters and used leftover scaffolding for a long wide lean-to shelter set up on leftover paver stones.

PLYWOOD SHELTERS

LEFTOVER SCAFFOLDING WORKS AS A CHICKEN LEAN-TO SHELTER OR A BENCH FOR HUMANS TO SIT ON.

Any pallets we came across were so busted up there was nothing worth salvaging. But we did save some plywood from our house remodeling and used pieceS for small lean-to shelters and used leftover scaffolding for a long wide lean-to shelter set up on leftover paver stones.

PLYWOOD SHELTERS

LEFTOVER SCAFFOLDING WORKS AS A CHICKEN LEAN-TO SHELTER OR A BENCH FOR HUMANS TO SIT ON.

Nifty!

I guess that I got 3 smart ones, then. I don't remember them being dumb as chicks and, as adults, they sure know who carries treats in her pocket. I currently have 1 that is raising 2 Langshan chicks and a Pita Pinta chick. She is an excellent mother and all are thriving. She was also an easy broody to work with unlike my big black Langshan hens.

You have Langshans? The big Croad Langshans? What color eggs are you getting? Do you have pics? What is their temperament like - aloof, people-friendly, timid, outgoing, etc?

You have Langshans? The big Croad Langshans? What color eggs are you getting? Do you have pics? What is their temperament like - aloof, people-friendly, timid, outgoing, etc?
Ive seen her birds, well only really the males they are big birds. The boys I saw are generally good tempered not flighty nor aggressive. I tried to hatch some eggs of hers under a broody they were light brown. They are beautiful birds. You could practically ride to work on one of the boys.

Well I lost one of the welsummer chicks last night looks like it got somewhere it wasnt supposed to be and was squished by some the other birds. It was the one who had developed a limp I think from being stepped on earlier. This is the first broody raised chick Ive had die after being alive for a week.

Well I lost one of the welsummer chicks last night looks like it got somewhere it wasnt supposed to be and was squished by some the other birds. It was the one who had developed a limp I think from being stepped on earlier. This is the first broody raised chick Ive had die after being alive for a week.
I am sorry to hear about your loss!

Aww I'm so sorry.. I had that happen with a silkie. Its heartbreaking.. :(

Ive seen her birds, well only really the males they are big birds. The boys I saw are generally good tempered not flighty nor aggressive. I tried to hatch some eggs of hers under a broody they were light brown. They are beautiful birds. You could practically ride to work on one of the boys.

They don't sound like hatchery birds! I read Langshan eggs could be anything from a purply-pink all the way to dark brown.

Back
Top Bottom