California - Northern

I would like to know how everyone does their hard boiled eggs! We boil ours with some baking soda in the water and that's supposed to make them peel better, BUT, ours do not peel very good at all. A lot of the white peels off with the shell. Help, if you know a way to do it better. Thank, Rae

We use a cheap little kitchen appliance called the Egg Genie to boil our eggs following instructions, immediately take the eggs out when the little alarm sounds and put hot eggs immediately into a pan of cold water until cooled. Then refrigerate the eggs. We roll the boiled egg pressing down gently as we roll it on the kitchen counter to crush the cold egg shell in a lot of little cracks. The crushed shell slips off easy when peeled. If you peel a hot hard boiled egg the white will want to stick to the shell. I love the egg cooking appliances for boiling or poaching eggs - takes the mess and guesswork out of timing a cooking egg. Not every nifty appliance brands have room for poaching XL or Jumbo eggs but do a decent job for hard boiling bigger eggs. Our eggs are medium and small so no problems with having enough room inside the poaching elements of the egg appliances.

We use a cheap little kitchen appliance called the Egg Genie to boil our eggs following instructions, immediately take the eggs out when the little alarm sounds and put hot eggs immediately into a pan of cold water until cooled.  Then refrigerate the eggs.  We roll the boiled egg pressing down gently as we roll it on the kitchen counter to crush the cold egg shell in a lot of little cracks.  The crushed shell slips off easy when peeled.  If you peel a hot hard boiled egg the white will want to stick to the shell.  I love the egg cooking appliances for boiling or poaching eggs - takes the mess and guesswork out of timing a cooking egg.  Not every nifty appliance brands have room for poaching XL or Jumbo eggs but do a decent job for hard boiling bigger eggs.  Our eggs are medium and small so no problems with having enough room inside the poaching elements of the egg appliances.

Thank you so much, we're going to boil some eggs now and then put them in in the fridge over night. Hopefully they will peel good. I'll be looking for the egg genie..
1f60a.png

Okay, we'll try that tomorrow. Are you able to peel fresh eggs or do you boil older eggs? I tried to boil eggs from today and they didn’t peel good at all. Most of the white comes off with the peel..
1f629.png

i do both, it works better with older eggs, but it works with fresh too

Thank you so much, we're going to boil some eggs now and then put them in in the fridge over night. Hopefully they will peel good. I'll be looking for the egg genie..
1f60a.png

Don't over-boil eggs as that seems to make a green color around the yolk. Cold water immediately seems to help keep the greenish color away. If you boil on the stove in water the shells can crack, the heat or flame is never the correct temperature, and it's difficult to gauge how long to boil without a timer. The Egg Genie is one egg cooker that is temperature regulated already and has a timer but there's West Bend brand and several others out there and they all seem to consistently hold up to 7 eggs for hard or soft boiling. I just happened to pick up an Egg Genie at a discount store just to try - to see if I wanted to get one of the more expensive brands - but we liked the Egg Genie enough on its own to stick with it. The egg appliances take a couple tries to get it to cook to your liking but once you understand how the appliance works well for you you'll never want to mess with boiling water on the stove again!

Okay, we'll try that tomorrow. Are you able to peel fresh eggs or do you boil older eggs? I tried to boil eggs from today and they didn’t peel good at all. Most of the white comes off with the peel..
1f629.png

Fresh eggs are notorious for not peeling well. I use the older eggs out of the fridge for boiling. I use the freshest eggs instead for pan frying or baking.

Hello! Would anyone be interested in buying my ducks? I have 2 beautiful buffs which I hatched myself I believe they're female. And one black Swedish (60% sure he's a Drake) I live in Alameda ( next to Oakland)
I'll waive the fee to a good home!

I would like to know how everyone does their hard boiled eggs! We boil ours with some baking soda in the water and that's supposed to make them peel better, BUT, ours do not peel very good at all. A lot of the white peels off with the shell. Help, if you know a way to do it better. Thank, Rae
Try steaming them with the baking soda water. My wife does that and even our new eggs usually turn out well.

Hello! Would anyone be interested in buying my ducks? I have 2 beautiful buffs which I hatched myself I believe they're female. And one black Swedish (60% sure he's a Drake) I live in Alameda ( next to Oakland)
I'll waive the fee to a good home
I'll PM you someone who might be interested

Back
Top Bottom