California - Northern

Is anyone else's power out? I've got my incubator wrapped up in blankets and I'm hoping the power comes on soon.

After 31 yrs living in our SoCalif area and having outages at least once a year either during heatwaves or rain storms we finally invested in a generator and having it hooked up to run our house electricity. We have both a house plus garage fridges and got tired of losing food. Our worst outage lasted 5 days!

After 31 yrs living in our SoCalif area and having outages at least once a year either during heatwaves or rain storms we finally invested in a generator and having it hooked up to run our house electricity.  We have both a house plus garage fridges and got tired of losing food.  Our worst outage lasted 5 days!

What kind did you get?

Sorry to ruin the vibes :/ my Ancona duckling that just arrived today died right in front of me just now. I'm really really upset I've been crying for hours. Definitely going to have a talk with cackle. Does anyone know of any people in California that sells Ancona ducklings?

I wanted to ask...How do I get 2 of my Black Australorps from staying in the nest 24-7? They are trying to set but I keep the eggs out, so they just set on nothing. I have tried pulling them out and they just go back....
1f626.png

I wanted to ask...How do I get 2 of my Black Australorps from staying in the nest 24-7? They are trying to set but I keep the eggs out, so they just set on nothing. I have tried pulling them out and they just go back....
1f626.png
I move them to a wire cage in the garage for several days.

1f626.png

I'm sure I'm in the minority but if you just let her set she will get up on her own eventually. It's a hormonal thing that they go through. I mean I know it sucks not getting eggs but she can't help it.. their are some breeds that are less broody then others. I hear RIR are good egg layers and almost never go broody. :)

Back
Top Bottom