California - Northern

Chicken mom here. I have 6 five month old chicks 2 RIRs 2 buff Orpingtons 1 Orpington and 1 golden Leghorn. I thought my Leghorn was a rooster turns out she's not. I am looking for a rooster preferably around 5 or 6 months. I'm located in tehama county...

Whoo Tehama County! If you're still looking, there are sometimes roosters at The Loft/Reynold's Ranch in Red Bluff. But there are also awesome people on here, so there are lots of options! Best of luck!

Hi guys, I just discovered the slo-mo option on my phone which is great for taking chicken videos. This video was shot yesterday of one of my Crele Polish Hens. I thought it was so fun I created a slo-mo video forum here on BYC. Give your video talents a try and and post your videos. Lets have some fun.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1129253/chicken-videos-in-slo-mo

0.jpg

We have crates we keep her in when we leave. The problem is she breaks out of them. I worry she would do the same with a pen outside and get taken to the pound. She is not spayed. The breeder recommended waiting a year until she was fully grown then we jus haven't had time. Things are always so fast paced here. We usually don't even have a second to slow down. It can be miserable sometimes..

Yep, I know exactly what you mean.. Very busy.. I have never had good luck with the invisible fence.. Takes a lot of training and dogs can come onto your property. Hopefully it will work.

Anyone in/around Mendocino County? My Cuckoo Marans hatched these two cute boys a month ago and they need homes. I am trying craigslist, but wanted to check here as well. :) Their Pappa is Silkie. Thanks!
Gromlet

Sergeant Lambo

Last edited:
Does anyone have any pullets for sale in the redding area. We need a few to balance out our rooster to hen ration. Really no preference on breed since they will be going into a mixed flock. We are also looking for a few silkie pullets or hens. Thanks. :)

I'm located in Davis and I'm looking for four pullets to add to my small flock. I would love some pretty egg layers. I am hoping to connect with someone locally to buy from a healthy and trusted flock.
Thanks!
Lea

I'm located in Davis and I'm looking for four pullets to add to my small flock.  I would love some pretty egg layers.  I am hoping to connect with someone locally to buy from a healthy and trusted flock.
Thanks!
Lea

Yay Davis chicken-keepers! I've just recently realized that there are a few local Facebook groups (especially Poultry Plus 916-530) that constantly have chickens for sale, including pullets, which I've always struggled to find. I'd recommend joining that group!

Back
Top Bottom