California - Northern

Yes!

I have a Grand Daughter now. My Middle Daughter moved to Finland

Erika Irene

This is from her first birthday in January.

AWWWWW! What a Cutie she is! Those gorgeous eyes must be hard to say "no" to!

Being a grandparent is such a blast! We have 5 now. They love climbing on my tractor.

Last edited:
Hi all! I haven't posted in ages but I've been checking in now and then. This thread is so busy!

I am looking for some Lavender orpington hatching eggs. Would also accept a few blue. Anybody have some for sale in and around Butte County? Willing to drive up to Shasta/Lassen counties, over as far west as Lake County and down to North Sac. (Or further if you're right off 99). Also willing to travel east to Grass Valley etc. Trying to avoid shipped eggs. Anyone?
WOW! I finished everything but the exterior siding and painting on mine over a year ago but then got distracted by other stuff.

Here's a few picks of my unfinished build...

I love the design. Someday you have to finish it and create a coop page to show us all how it was built.

Here i is my upcycle coop build a bit more work to do on the front gate and covering with netting and dig barriers.
its actually 2 coops and the run can be divided and I plan to probably open some space to the sides beyond the railings to create some rotational forage spots. Virtually everything but hardware is salvaged. each coop is 3' x 3' inside Hope to have birdies out there by easter. Will first put my older birds out here as a retirement option as this coop is on a friends property.

Some of the interior

Here i is my upcycle coop build a bit more work to do on the front gate and covering with netting and dig barriers.
its actually 2 coops and the run can be divided and I plan to probably open some space to the sides beyond the railings to create some rotational forage spots. Virtually everything but hardware is salvaged. each coop is 3' x 3' inside Hope to have birdies out there by easter. Will first put my older birds out here as a retirement option as this coop is on a friends property.

Some of the interior

Grass! You have grass!

Nice build out

Hi Ron,  Hubby's disease is progressing slowly.  I'm thankful for a gradual decline vs a fast one but yeah, he doesn't have nearly as many good days as he had before.  He's very aware of what's happening to him so that's tough... Dr. tells me I need to talk about it so I appreciate the concern.  Just never sure what to say.  Sorry.

And thank you for the nice words regarding my unfinished coop.  I had a handyman helping out, here and there for awhile, boy was that great!  He had no experience with a wacky house, which is a nightmare of compound cuts (but so much fun to build) but he could lift heavy things I can't, knew some carpenter tricks for bracing himself on that steep roof, and got along great with hubby!  Yay!  Hubby is past being able to help, in any way, with these projects.

So how are you and your's doing?  Happy and healthy I hope?

Hi,
I hatched a lavender orp from papas poultry., but for males I only have a black and two choc orps. Haven't hatched any lavender chicks yet.

I ordered some embden goslings from Holderreads yesterday...if somehow everything goes right, I'm going to split the order. Anyone willing to pick up some of them? I'll add a discount! :D

Last edited:
I love the design. Someday you have to finish it and create a coop page to show us all how it was built.

Thank you. I'll do that. I took a lot of photos planning to do just that. :)

Grass! You have grass!

Nice build out

They will love all those greens. Most of my coop builds have been from salvaged materials.

Hi,
I hatched a lavender orp from papas poultry., but for males I only have a black and two choc orps. Haven't hatched any lavender chicks yet.

Aren't they beautiful? My two are huge and they look so regal compared to my other birds. How is your one lavender girl?

Back
Top Bottom