California - Northern

Hi, All! I've been a member here for a LONG time, but my original e-mail and passwords were lost (from my head and from before the site was revamped). I used to be "mthrclckr." Anyway, I've been living in Hercules since 2003 and I've been keeping bantams since about 2006, but I just purchased a home in Vallejo and I NEED HELP! I need to get a coop (with automatic door) AND RUN built in my new backyard before January and I've been unsuccessful in finding anybody to do it. I contacted Custom Coops, and they're actually busy through to next year helping to rebuild the areas devastated by the October wildfires. Noble, and hats off to them! I've tried twice to contact a handyman with 5-star Yelp! reviews, but they never returned my call. I can't seem to find ANYONE :( ! And I'm not skilled enough to nail two boards together, so I will have to throw money at this problem... Can anybody refer me to ANYONE who could build me this coop (with automatic door) and run in the next month? I need something predator-proof because I really don't know what to expect in terms of predators where I'm moving. The coop must fit 10 bantams. I may want a small pen for my D'Anvers pair. I bring them inside at night because the rooster was blinded in a skunk attack. If anybody can help me, I will give you my first-born (although he's going to be 20 next month) ;) .

Thanks!

-Naomi

Hi, All! I've been a member here for a LONG time, but my original e-mail and passwords were lost (from my head and from before the site was revamped). I used to be "mthrclckr." Anyway, I've been living in Hercules since 2003 and I've been keeping bantams since about 2006, but I just purchased a home in Vallejo and I NEED HELP! I need to get a coop (with automatic door) AND RUN built in my new backyard before January and I've been unsuccessful in finding anybody to do it. I contacted Custom Coops, and they're actually busy through to next year helping to rebuild the areas devastated by the October wildfires. Noble, and hats off to them! I've tried twice to contact a handyman with 5-star Yelp! reviews, but they never returned my call. I can't seem to find ANYONE :( ! And I'm not skilled enough to nail two boards together, so I will have to throw money at this problem... Can anybody refer me to ANYONE who could build me this coop (with automatic door) and run in the next month? I need something predator-proof because I really don't know what to expect in terms of predators where I'm moving. The coop must fit 10 bantams. I may want a small pen for my D'Anvers pair. I bring them inside at night because the rooster was blinded in a skunk attack. If anybody can help me, I will give you my first-born (although he's going to be 20 next month) ;) .

Thanks!

-Naomi
I know this person has built coops: https://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/ca/guinda/consol-construction-reviews-2076071.htm

I hope you find someone!

Hi, everyone.

I also used to be here under a different name a few years back when I lived in the Los Gatos hills. One thing lead to another, though, and I had to move. This October, I resettled on a beautiful 8-acre rental property (certified organic farm) in Corralitos, just south of Santa Cruz on the coast.

Rather than a hobby, I am scaling up as a full-time farm with a couple acres for market garden (largely going to a couple local chefs/restaurateurs) and the rest devoted to chickens and rabbits. I just put in a 2400-square-foot run with a 1200-cubic-foot coop. The run is 10-feet high, and a combination hardware cloth on the bottom 3 feet, deer fencing from 3' to the top.

My 4 hens are a little overwhelmed, but they will have plenty of company soon enough.

It is good to be back and active once more...in all my spare time. :)

Hi, everyone.

I also used to be here under a different name a few years back when I lived in the Los Gatos hills. One thing lead to another, though, and I had to move. This October, I resettled on a beautiful 8-acre rental property (certified organic farm) in Corralitos, just south of Santa Cruz on the coast.

Rather than a hobby, I am scaling up as a full-time farm with a couple acres for market garden (largely going to a couple local chefs/restaurateurs) and the rest devoted to chickens and rabbits. I just put in a 2400-square-foot run with a 1200-cubic-foot coop. The run is 10-feet high, and a combination hardware cloth on the bottom 3 feet, deer fencing from 3' to the top.

My 4 hens are a little overwhelmed, but they will have plenty of company soon enough.

It is good to be back and active once more...in all my spare time. :)
It is good to have you back!

Good afternoon all.

About a month and a half ago someone dumped a chicken at my job site. It was young, maybe a week. In the time we've had her, she has quintupled in size! She's a Cornish Cross hen and she doesn't walk well and wheezes when she clucks. Plus she's the messiest, smelliest chicken I have ever beheld. I know that Cornish Cross have health issues due to how quickly they grow from selective breeding. I don't want her to suffer needlessly so I've decided to have her processed. However, I have no idea where to take her. I'm located in Sacramento. Does anyone have any info?

I've attached a picture that shows just how big she is.

Attachments

• IMG_20171129_164514.jpg
    IMG_20171129_164514.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 3
Good afternoon all.

About a month and a half ago someone dumped a chicken at my job site. It was young, maybe a week. In the time we've had her, she has quintupled in size! She's a Cornish Cross hen and she doesn't walk well and wheezes when she clucks. Plus she's the messiest, smelliest chicken I have ever beheld. I know that Cornish Cross have health issues due to how quickly they grow from selective breeding. I don't want her to suffer needlessly so I've decided to have her processed. However, I have no idea where to take her. I'm located in Sacramento. Does anyone have any info?

I've attached a picture that shows just how big she is.
It would be expensive to have https://www.yelp.com/biz/new-american-poultry-sacramento process one chicken. She might be over their weight limit too.

Do you want her processed and returned to you?

Back
Top Bottom