California - Northern

I guess this is the Norcal thread that's happenin'!
big_smile.png

I was born and raised in Concord~ heck, I gotta go and visit family!! Never knew about Concord Feed.

Spent many adult years in Oakland around Lakeshore, then came to Davis. We have a 6 hen limit, no roos. I have 3, and for my other three, I'm starting my new 1588 with about 40 eggs next week! lol. Hey, with all the threads lately about shipping/hatching and such, it could be just about right! I'll be starting BC Maran, Welsummer, St. Cochin, Frizzle, mixed, Lt. Brahmas, and EE eggs.

So what exactly IS a chickenstock?

Ha, I also make jewelry and knit and everything else under the sun, and am about to apply to a Chicken Festival in Fair Oaks in Sac! They apparently have a big flock (dozens)of free ranging chickens that 'live' in the village!

Okay, enough rambling, and off to bed!

Diana

There's a gorgeous park in Concord? Pleasant Hill? One of those..., pretty convenient to whatever huge freeway runs by Geary and Treat. I live in Oregon, so the whole Bay Area overwhelms me.
We went there with my MIL. I wonder if a BYC event could mitigate a visit to the in-laws....

Last edited:
Quote:
When is the Fair Oaks chicken festival? I'm just a few miles from there and would love to go. The wild flock in FO is just great. I used to go to a doctor who had his office in the village and always looked forward to seeing the hens with their broods and the beautiful roos.

Quote:
I went yesterday and did not get a chick discount but I did get thebreeds I have been wanting.

I today to get everything else including cat flea stuff, a water dish for them a big gallon chicken waterer the biggest bag of chick food and a fly trap. All for 20% off. Fantastic!!!
woot.gif

I just remembered I forgot the DE though.
he.gif

I would really love to meet everyone. when and where?

Quote:
It's Saturday, September 19th in the Village of Fair Oaks, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Every town should have a flock of chickens to roam the downtown parks!
thumbsup.gif

I'm deep into my incubating chicken eggs, but I recently got enamored of keeping quail! Any other of you Norcal folk also keep quail? How many? What kind? Where?? Inquiring minds want to know.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm in Chico California, and just started on Quail, I have 11 two week old Button Quails, and just put 16 Coturnix Quail eggs in the Bator Yesterday, along with 10 ducks eggs, LOL.

I also have 20 chicken eggs in the hatcher, and 16 Chicken eggs set for the bator on Wednesday!

Now I'm off to the harware store to buy stuff to covert a Giant wire dog crate into a Button Quail pen. Wish me luck!
fl.gif

I grew up in Fair Oaks. The Chicken festival is fun.

I also raise quail, coturnix only. I have 2 Golden, 6 Brown, 12 A&M and another 50 eggs in the bator with more of the same plus some Tux. Mine are in rabbit hutch type cages in the backyard. My chickens love to clean up the feed under their cages when they
free range.

Nancy

Back
Top Bottom