California - Northern

The two EE's look like they're gossiping. You should also submit both these pictures to greeting card companies. They do buy photos. Such great photos! You make me want to invest in a good camera again. Haven't had a good one since things went digital. I wonder if my old lenses will still fit the new cameras. Have a ton of money on lenses.
HUH- good outlet for my excess animal pictures. In my world (photography) it's all kids, weddings, poses etc...not chickens and geese and ducks. LOL So BYC is my outlet for that. And Instagram haha

You are really talented.. Love you pictures Amy Beth..
Thank you so much! I didn't know what I 'wanted to be when I grew up' until I was 3o and I discovered photography. I've been doing it less than 4 years but with anything I am interested in- I immerse myself. I love documenting life the most- not so much poses and portraits (but I do them and I appreciate them immensely too. they have a purpose!).

Last edited:
Non chicken picture alert- care to weigh in? I was asked to submit a couple images to a photography mag. I am unable which I like the best...I am a BW girl at heart and love that about half of my pro work is BW but the color is sweet too...thanks for your help! Two different 'poses' but one is bw and one is color. I would love to see which you all prefer. <3 (i clicked on them and they look sorta funky on here. just ignore that.)

Last edited:
Amy Beth, he has a rose comb. The bantams' combs look very slightly different in texture than the large fowl's do, at least to me. They're very pretty, and have a good shape. The only chickens I have left are six bantam Partridge Wyandottes.

Amy Beth, he has a rose comb. The bantams' combs look very slightly different in texture than the large fowl's do, at least to me. They're very pretty, and have a good shape. The only chickens I have left are six bantam Partridge Wyandottes.
Ok! Thanks. I was trying to look at the one dimension shaded drawings and I just couldn't place it. I think it would be fun to have a bantam coop. haha!

Ok for anyone in Redding or surrounding areas (I think they drive up towards Burney a bit too)- Country Organics (www.countryorganics.net) - I have my produce delivered to my door on Fridays. Costs me the same as it would in Raley's organic produce area BUT the produce is fresher and as much as possible is truly local. As in - Redding even. One of my favorite veggies from them is honestly their lettuces- always fresh tasting - never bitter (ahem old) tasting. I also have milk added to my order. Sometimes eggs if I run out of the farm fresh ones I buy. I even have bread delivered with my order! If you try them- be sure to tell them Amy McMaster sent ya so I can get $5 off my next order. I spend anywhere from $80-$120 a week but I buy for 7 people and try to avoid the store for most items (you wouldn't need to spend that!). They also can add meat too- but I cannot afford that one. So I just do some dairy and nearly all produce. :D My chickens get all my carrot tops and they gobble them up. My beet tops too- I chop them up.

Back
Top Bottom