California White questions

Panth

Songster
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Indiana
I posted this in another thread and noone responded, so I'm trying again here. Forgive me for the double post:
I recently got a California White chick out of a feed-store bin. I'm having incredible difficulty finding answers to some very simple questions.

1. Are they truly sex-links, or just hybrids. If they are sexlinks, what is the color difference between male and female.
2. Every picture I can find online between Austra Whites and California Whites look exactly the same, are the chicks really identical?

The feed store had them marked as California Greys, which they clearly are NOT as they are white with black dots...but they get their orders from Privetts which carries both breeds. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

I have a California white, as well. It is a white leghorn mixed with another breed, of which I can not remember. I am sorry. The spots on your chicken, and mine, come from the other breed. Next time I go to the feed store, I will ask them again what breed they are mixed with.

Back
Top Bottom