call duck hatching

critterranch

Songster
9 Years
Oct 1, 2010
Red Creek, New York
was going to do a staggered hatch with my calls they are laying like crazy. they are my own so wanted to experiment with staggered hatches. i just did a good staggered hatch with runners. i dont want the eggs to go to waste.

was wondering what would be a good way to stagger? If i should set every 7,10 or 14 days. mine are pet quailty and hatch pretty good. i was gearing more towards 7 days.

i have 2 incubators and hand turning 3x daily. i put 20 in on thursday and only 4 are fertile. so i will have plenty of room.

Hopefully Someone will help. I have only done a staggerd hatch with Silkies. I Only have 3 Hens so could only wait so many days. Last year I had 100% hatch rate staggering. Doing it again this year. One silkie is peeping RIGHT now. 7 Sounds good to me. Others are TOTALLY against opening the bator during Lock down. Last year I read something about if you have to open the bator turn the shower on HOT and take the bator in the bathroom for Humidity purposes. I don't know - My Hens get of the nest and Lollywag and really do not go into LOCKDOWN so.... I would go with 7 days. AND wishing you best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom