Call Ducklings

ariel4birds

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Olympia
Call ducklings for sale! Hatched May 19th and 20th. I also have another batch due is two weeks if I run out.

The Call is a miniature breed of duck. They are about ¼ the size of regular duck breeds. They normally weigh under 2 pounds, laying only 25-75 eggs per year. Call ducks are a little more vulnerable to predators. They need a night-time enclosure that is safe on all sides from predators. In addition, they can fly short distances unless you clip their wings.

Call ducklings need to be watched a little closer at first as they are somewhat more fragile than regular ducklings for the first couple of weeks. I highly recommend that you have a brooder area set up before you get any ducklings. They will need to be brooded until about 5 weeks of age or so until they get some feathers.

I cannot at this time determine gender. So I cannot accept requests for pairs.

I hatch several colors of ducklings. Some of the parents are show quality birds, with short bills and necks. While I can’t make promises about the adult quality of the offspring, I raised some nice looking calls last year.

I have two breeding pens. One is producing pure colored blue fawn, gray and pastel. These ducklings will be $10 each.

My second pen contains a mixtures of colors including snowy, blue bib, pastel, butterscotch, blue fawn and white. The ducklings from the second pen may not be pure colored. So far I've hatched some snowy calls, some that look like blue bibs and some that are obviously crosses between colors. Because I cannot guarantee the color of the ducklings from the second pen, I am selling them at $8 each.

I do have a third pen of just white calls, but they haven't be laying well this year. I may have a limited number of white call ducklings, but I'm not making any promises.

You pick up. I'm located in the Olympia area of Washington State. Sorry I don't ship.

I’m asking $10 each. E-mail or call me if you are interested or have questions.

Do you ever ship tho?? Or have you never shipped before?? It is a shame...i would be interested in buying several of your ducklings. If you are ever open and just never have shipped, i could help you learn. Just let me know. I have helped others before and now they ship everywhere. (-; Thanks!!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I appreciate your interest, but i don't ship. I'm sorry. I've just heard about too many post office accidents that result in dead birds. It scares me.

Do you ever ship tho?? Or have you never shipped before?? It is a shame...i would be interested in buying several of your ducklings. If you are ever open and just never have shipped, i could help you learn. Just let me know. I have helped others before and now they ship everywhere. (-; Thanks!!
Can I take you up on that offer? PM me when you see this.

Hey, I don't currently ship but I appreciate your interest and willingness to help me learn. I just don't feel comfortable with it. But I know someone with call ducks who would ship. She's a good friend. Let me know if you want her contact info.

Back
Top Bottom