Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Might be Silkie or EE back somewhere mixed with ? . Maybe the Icelandic guy can jump in, as I think some of those can have little topknots. Not any part Penedesenca, though, eggs would be some shade of brown/ tan . Cute hen though , try worming her and make sure she has access to grit if she seems always hungry.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if this is a penedesenca hen? She is a stray I took in. She lays smaller white eggs. But the comb looks different, resembles a buttercup comb. Feathering on the head is a slightly unusual too. About 4-5 lbs. Pretty skittish, but getting better. Always hungry. Thoughts?

Thnx!

I think she is a mix with possibly Silkie? Like Oldhound said She may have icelandic in her but hard to say as they are a landrace and all look different. she looks like she has a beard and muff? so I would think part easter egger. plus has green legs.
neat comb though. here is a icelandic that I have but do not think she is part icelandic

today I got my first crele penedesenca egg
wee.gif

I can not wait to get enough and do a trial hatch.
Good egg bad photo

Quote:
Hi All!

This was on the NYD Hatchalong. Gabbard is the same place the PP eggs I tried hatching for Jason came from.

Originally Posted by CasieD

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!
0/14 Partridge Penendeseca are developing

All eggs were shipped. The PP eggs were bought through my pet chicken and sent from Gabbard Farms. Packaged terribly, one leaker on delivery and another was cracked. Set 12 and pulled a stinker on day 3. The remaining 11 in the bator show no veining or development at all. I'm using a high intensity LED flashlight and can see into them quite well. Sent off another email to my pet chicken asking for a refund. I don't think these were fertile to start with.
sad.png

Unless they change things, I would not get hatching eggs from them.

Hi All!

This was on the NYD Hatchalong. Gabbard is the same place the PP eggs I tried hatching for Jason came from.

Originally Posted by CasieD

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!
0/14 Partridge Penendeseca are developing

All eggs were shipped. The PP eggs were bought through my pet chicken and sent from Gabbard Farms. Packaged terribly, one leaker on delivery and another was cracked. Set 12 and pulled a stinker on day 3. The remaining 11 in the bator show no veining or development at all. I'm using a high intensity LED flashlight and can see into them quite well. Sent off another email to my pet chicken asking for a refund. I don't think these were fertile to start with.
sad.png

Unless they change things, I would not get hatching eggs from them.
that is too bad.

Back
Top Bottom