Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Hi All!

This was on the NYD Hatchalong. Gabbard is the same place the PP eggs I tried hatching for Jason came from.

Originally Posted by CasieD

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!
0/14 Partridge Penendeseca are developing

All eggs were shipped. The PP eggs were bought through my pet chicken and sent from Gabbard Farms. Packaged terribly, one leaker on delivery and another was cracked. Set 12 and pulled a stinker on day 3. The remaining 11 in the bator show no veining or development at all. I'm using a high intensity LED flashlight and can see into them quite well. Sent off another email to my pet chicken asking for a refund. I don't think these were fertile to start with.
sad.png

Unless they change things, I would not get hatching eggs from them.
I think their pp rooster is broken? I only got one of 12 to hatch. No development in the other 11. MPC said they would give me 50% off on my next egg order... hmm, no thanks. Luann is hatching in February. I hope to get some from her. Sorry though that you didn't get better results.

I got my second egg today. Not as dark but maybe from the other hen that is the same age. the other 3 are a month younger.

bummer though the first batch of Empordanesa eggs we sat appear to not be hatching. We put three into lockdown but lastnight was day 21. still holding out hope. Plus I have 12 in my bator hoping to hatch Thursday

Quote:
Hi All!

This was on the NYD Hatchalong. Gabbard is the same place the PP eggs I tried hatching for Jason came from.

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!

All eggs were shipped. The PP eggs were bought through my pet chicken and sent from Gabbard Farms. Packaged terribly, one leaker on delivery and another was cracked. Set 12 and pulled a stinker on day 3. The remaining 11 in the bator show no veining or development at all. I'm using a high intensity LED flashlight and can see into them quite well. Sent off another email to my pet chicken asking for a refund. I don't think these were fertile to start with.
sad.png

Hi there... That is me who posted about getting eggs from mypetchicken. I've contacted them 3 times with no reply at all regarding these eggs. I candled them again today (day16) and all 11 that I set are still clear. Other shipped eggs that were incubated with these have developed well and had no problems like this. Still hoping to hear something back from them and get a refund.

Quote:
Hi All!

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!

sad.png

Hi there... That is me who posted about getting eggs from mypetchicken. I've contacted them 3 times with no reply at all regarding these eggs. I candled them again today (day16) and all 11 that I set are still clear. Other shipped eggs that were incubated with these have developed well and had no problems like this. Still hoping to hear something back from them and get a refund.

Quote:
Hi All!

I candled again today...

5/8 BBS orp looking good
3/8 NJ are wiggling!

sad.png

Thank you for posting here!

The NYD Thread is too crazy to find things on now and it will be over in several days. Jason got hes directly from Gabbard. It is terrible that My pet chicken does not stand by their shipment.

Please keep us updated!

Thank you for posting here!

The NYD Thread is too crazy to find things on now and it will be over in several days. Jason got hes directly from Gabbard. It is terrible that My pet chicken does not stand by their shipment.

Please keep us updated!
I had contacted Gabbard again on Friday I think . Just as a fyi to them and see there opinion. Had not heard back either. Disappointing for sure.

Lets get this thread going!

I bet there are some pictures out there somewhere...OK I found a couple!

PP on the left and EO Basque on the right! Great Foragers!

PP from the side. I need to get my DD to come up with a name for her....

I know it is not too exciting. but the PP is on the left. Very nice fluffy butt...

Enjoy!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom