Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Wow! no wonder I did not believe the were auto sexing.

The chicks looked like this:

Now they all look like this photo taken a couple of weeks ago. They are 10 weeks old now.

I will get more pictures tomorrow:

you may want to ask her if she had any partridge in there at that time. It seems to me shae may of. however my one girl looked like yours. Boys where all lighter though 1/2 where a tad darker than the other half. Of which a few are even lighter now than the other 3. think that is the legbar side. I got rid of 5 of the boys yesterday and kept a lighter one. That was crested. I kept my girl too. who once she starts laying and I can see lays a olive egg. ( 50/50 I think) will go in with my crele.

My Partridge Pene Pullet(PPP?) was attacked by one or more Marraduna Basque hens a week ago. I have been spraying her with Vetyrcin(spelling?)
twice a day and was checking on her tonight(The wounds look like they are healing ok) and she squatted for me! She must be doing a bunch better I suppose. I better start getting her on layer....

I bought her in Sept. and she was fairly big then so I guess that she is about 7 plus months old. Kind of early for a Pene?

My Partridge Pene Pullet(PPP?) was attacked by one or more Marraduna Basque hens a week ago. I have been spraying her with Vetyrcin(spelling?)
twice a day and was checking on her tonight(The wounds look like they are healing ok) and she squatted for me! She must be doing a bunch better I suppose. I better start getting her on layer....

I bought her in Sept. and she was fairly big then so I guess that she is about 7 plus months old. Kind of early for a Pene?

her sisters are laying now as of last week.

Wow!! thanks for that. I wanted to breed creme legbars so I might reconsider.

I freaked out when filling the application for the permit but when I wrote that I had 85 birds and 5 roos they didn't blink an eye.
I probably should have gone for 100

Haha, again here's an example of the beauty of chicken math. How would you count the difference between 85-100, especially if they're mingling about?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom