Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

I am interested in Penadesencas chicks. I am in Arizona where it is hot. I would prefer to raise dual purpose birds but if they can survive the hot summers then they are keepers. I heard the Black Penadesencas are a dual purpose but if that color has a harder time here then any of the others would be fine. Does anyone know what kind of meat they have? I currently raise Buff Orphingtons for meat & eggs.

I am interested in Penadesencas chicks. I am in Arizona where it is hot. I would prefer to raise dual purpose birds but if they can survive the hot summers then they are keepers. I heard the Black Penadesencas are a dual purpose but if that color has a harder time here then any of the others would be fine. Does anyone know what kind of meat they have? I currently raise Buff Orphingtons for meat & eggs.

Jason is in California and is working on Black Penes. They are fine in the heat.

I hatched two black Penes from hatching eggs. They came from Florida and only the two hatched. Penedesenca eggs seem to be hard to hatch when shipped.

Someone else on her has Black Penes too.

Hi all. I just hatched a lonely partridge Penedesenca chick. Is it true that there is a color difference between males and females at hatch? It is a very light color with stripes along its back and dark splotch on its head. Thanks for any insight!

I am not in Columbus. You are definitely new to the breed. Black is very hard to come by.
I had Partridge and got rid of them.
I posted here first. Tomorrow I'll post to darkegglayers and other groups.

I am not in Columbus. You are definitely new to the breed. Black is very hard to come by.
I had Partridge and got rid of them.
I posted here first. Tomorrow I'll post to darkegglayers and other groups.

Jason, hantown Farms, has a good start on Black Penedesencas. I hope he has some nice hatches from them. I hatched a Black Cockerel and a Black Pullet last Spring that is ready to start Breeding! He is a nice one From Florida.

I am new to the breed, but I have been looking for them around this area with not much luck.

When I mapquest Zanesville from Mount Orab its about 2 hours and 37 mins away and not every far from Columbus line sorry

At one point we are all new to a breed. But its been something I have wanted for my flock more so for the dark eggs then anything.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom