Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

I am new to the breed, but I have been looking for them around this area with not much luck.

When I mapquest Zanesville from Mount Orab its about 2 hours and 37 mins away and not every far from Columbus line sorry

At one point we are all new to a breed. But its been something I have wanted for my flock more so for the dark eggs then anything.
I'm pretty sure star2525 is the only one in Ohio with them.

Next closest is Wisconsin, my flock in St. Louis and one other in Northern Missouri. There was a guy in SW MO that had 3 pullets and a cock but I haven't heard from him in a while.
Glenn in Iowa has them but they have flaws.
I'm just guessing but I estimate there are only about 20 flocks in the country. Most of them are concentrated in the southeast.

Last edited:
Hey all we got our starter flock from Luann Keller, we currently have black penedesencas and are looking to add wheaten, partridge, or crele ASAP if anyone has hatching eggs......all ours have gorgeous corination crowns and are awesome birds, great dark egg color........we are had our now for a year and they have grown to be one our favorite breeds..............so if anyone has hatching eggs for sale or would just like to chit chat about the breed here is my number 540-948-4694 our farm email is [email protected].....................here's a pic of one of breeding roos

Hey all we got our starter flock from Luann Keller, we currently have black penedesencas and are looking to add wheaten, partridge, or crele ASAP if anyone has hatching eggs......all ours have gorgeous corination crowns and are awesome birds, great dark egg color........we are had our now for a year and they have grown to be one our favorite breeds..............so if anyone has hatching eggs for sale or would just like to chit chat about the breed here is my number 540-948-4694 our farm email is [email protected].....................here's a pic of one of breeding roos
I have a few people in line but have crele laying

this guy is really nice looking

Last edited:
I am interested in Penadesencas chicks. I am in Arizona where it is hot. I would prefer to raise dual purpose birds but if they can survive the hot summers then they are keepers. I heard the Black Penadesencas are a dual purpose but if that color has a harder time here then any of the others would be fine. Does anyone know what kind of meat they have? I currently raise Buff Orphingtons for meat & eggs.
My Black Roosters I have had are much bigger than the others. My Crele and White Empordanesa would be better suited for soup or stew.
Give them plenty of shade and you should be ok. I would think a Black Penedesenca would handle the heat much better than the Buff colored Orphingtons regardless of the Penedesenca color
Hi all. I just hatched a lonely partridge Penedesenca chick. Is it true that there is a color difference between males and females at hatch? It is a very light color with stripes along its back and dark splotch on its head. Thanks for any insight!
I have not hatched partridge but had heard that the lighter chicks are generally males and the darker ones with more pronounced stripes females . Not 100% accurate think its like 70-80%
some of that may depend on what you consider lighter as well.
Black penedesenca hens for sale.
email me @[email protected]

tired of waiting on a black penedesenca rooster.
Try Lee Penny , how far are you from Guy he mentioned he had a few extras. I would hate to see anyone give them up.
I see you have Crele too.
I have some people on a list but if you ever wanted to trade eggs let me know

I only have 7 pens and no room to make more.
Free range a few
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom