Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Hey guys.

Is anyone going to have any hatching eggs available to ship the week of April 4th? Of any of the Penedesenca varieties?

I would love to have any of the varieties to hatch with some other breeds this year.

Thank you!

Hey guys.

Is anyone going to have any hatching eggs available to ship the week of April 4th? Of any of the Penedesenca varieties?

I would love to have any of the varieties to hatch with some other breeds this year.

Thank you!

I have lots of eggs to ship, almost all the time. However, I only have Blacks.

Hello, I'm new here and absolutely thrilled to have finally found black Penedesenca enthusiasts :) At the moment our little flock consists of Welsummers and Black Copper Marans, but the Penedesenca is an intriguing bird indeed, and I'd love to add some this year. We're in northeast Texas - it gets really hot in the summer here - how well do they do with this sort of heat?

Thanks!
-Jareth

Hello, I'm new here and absolutely thrilled to have finally found black Penedesenca enthusiasts :) At the moment our little flock consists of Welsummers and Black Copper Marans, but the Penedesenca is an intriguing bird indeed, and I'd love to add some this year. We're in northeast Texas - it gets really hot in the summer here - how well do they do with this sort of heat?

Thanks!
-Jareth
Penedesenca do very will in the heat.

Check with chicken canoe and hangtown farms

Having Welsummers is how I got interested in Penedesencas. I wanted more dark layers. I shunned Marans because they were common and I wanted something uncommon. Yes, so am I. When researching Penedesencas and discovering there is only one DP variety, BLACK. And since I eat extra boys, that was my choice.

They were going to use a picture of my birds but opted for that picture. I sent them a bunch of pictures I already had on the computer but I'm not a photographer.
I talked to her a long time, did she quote me at all?
She told me it was for a book, not the magazine. Perhaps a book will follow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom