Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
Quote:
Yay, thanks Josh, I was hoping so!
And Laura, they are pretty red. I hope that's normal. They are for eggs, not for working on the breed, but the cockerel was going to be made available. I'll post more as they grow.
The eggs are from Julie Gabbard, bought by a nice woman for whom I agreed to hatch & brood. I get to keep one if there are two pullets.

Quote:
Yay, thanks Josh, I was hoping so!
And Laura, they are pretty red. I hope that's normal. They are for eggs, not for working on the breed, but the cockerel was going to be made available. I'll post more as they grow.
The eggs are from Julie Gabbard, bought by a nice woman for whom I agreed to hatch & brood. I get to keep one if there are two pullets.

I haven't seen the red cast in mine, but you never know
smile.png
I'll get more pics of this weekend's babies. Last weekend's babies are in a barn brooder already
smile.png

My hatch is due in 1 more week,
I have another 18eggs or so all Black penedesencas.

I have a total of 15 chicks most again look like pullets.
I think there are maybe 2-3 roosters. just my luck, I need more roos.
lol.png
literally

Quote:
hrmmmm these are the ones that come from the eggs marked WS from the same hatch & source (the two on the left, the right is a Barnie from my own birds-I'm guessing pair of Wellies & Boy Barnie)
39089_welliesandbarnie.jpg

39089_wellies2barnie1.jpg

the color shows true on my screen.

Quote:
hrmmmm these are the ones that come from the eggs marked WS from the same hatch & source (the two on the left, the right is a Barnie from my own birds-I'm guessing pair of Wellies & Boy Barnie)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39089_welliesandbarnie.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/39089_wellies2barnie1.jpg
the color shows true on my screen.

OH man, I have 5 barnies and 2 wellies in the same box and I can't tell them apart yet.
I have 9 wellies in another box. They all look the same to me. I want to get the 2 other wellies in with the others while they are still so young so they call all grow up together. Drat.

Quote:
Pics Pics!

OMG I just looked at more Wellie & Pene Pics.... I think mine were switched at birth, but I only had 2 eggs marked WS make it to lockdown, and 5 Penes! All the buyer of these eggs wants is 1 pullet of each, I just hope we have that! Should I ask the breeder yet?

Thanks so much, I know this thread is more for serious breeders of Penedesencas, and I really appreciate your input.

smile.png

ugh now that I think of it the legs on the Pene nonhatchers were white, I think
hide.gif

I was looking at this thread and was wondering how many eggs do Penedesence's lay a year. They sure are pretty birds.

Back
Top Bottom