Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

Pics
I did notice that on the wheatens I cracked. that where cracked when I got them.
almost like store bought cheap eggs.

my crele's that I hatched in spring had a good rate.
it is a bummer though.
I have been trying hard to get Black and wheaten plus more crele. so far just tossing money
I was hoping to find some of these in California but no one west of the rockies seems to raise them. though ideal for our climate.

have you been able to hatch any of your own? many places I have read people claim 90-95% on there own eggs.
now if you want to ship any black pene eggs I would be more than happy to try them lol

I did notice that on the wheatens I cracked. that where cracked when I got them.
almost like store bought cheap eggs.

my crele's that I hatched in spring had a good rate.
it is a bummer though.
I have been trying hard to get Black and wheaten plus more crele. so far just tossing money
I was hoping to find some of these in California but no one west of the rockies seems to raise them. though ideal for our climate.

have you been able to hatch any of your own? many places I have read people claim 90-95% on there own eggs.
now if you want to ship any black pene eggs I would be more than happy to try them lol
Pale yolks? Sounds like they didn't get greens , but that should not affect hatchability.

USPS is not accepting birds until the weather cools down. I would think that with the Heat there might be a risk to hatching eggs especially if they have to cross the country. I was wondering if anyone has used cold packs like they do with vaccines ?

Discounting the number of poor hatches due to my errors, hatch rates are just a little lower than my other breeds. I have to admit that the best hatches and chicks were with broodies this year. I do find the oblong , nearly reptilian shape of the Pene eggs that I get a bit strange. Doesn't seem to affect the size of the chicks, which are big and sturdy.

i created these by accident and now i want to see where i can take them color wise... i had a pair of crele and then the rooster died so i put the hen in with the white Emp's and figured to just use the off spring as layers... the crele in Pen's is barred partridge so all of the hens hatched partridge there only fault being white legs... i had some of them in the white Emp pen this year and hatched these guys out idk what to call the color almost a buff Colombian??? about half have white legs the other half have yellow... I'm going to save the best of them and breed them together and maybe breed them back to the white Emp's again just out of curiosity lol...

what do y'all think???

Elias

i created these by accident and now i want to see where i can take them color wise... i had a pair of crele and then the rooster died so i put the hen in with the white Emp's and figured to just use the off spring as layers... the crele in Pen's is barred partridge so all of the hens hatched partridge there only fault being white legs... i had some of them in the white Emp pen this year and hatched these guys out idk what to call the color almost a buff Colombian??? about half have white legs the other half have yellow... I'm going to save the best of them and breed them together and maybe breed them back to the white Emp's again just out of curiosity lol...

what do y'all think???

Elias
I like it, that first pic is stunning.
I should have my emp's soon as well from Luann.
would love to throw a few of these hens in with the breeding trio I have coming.

When I first started, most of the roosters looked more like partridge than black. Out of 10 roosters I only had 2 that were all black and had white in the lobes. A couple generations in the lobes are really nice but I've had one or two red/copper hackle feathers on the boys with the best lobes.
A bigger concern for me now is that about half of the hens have mottling or faint white tips after they molt, especially on the fluff and thigh feathers.
How are you doing out there? Any updates on if you get to keep your chickens?

I was JUST looking at this breed today! I am starting out with my first incubator and was hoping to get some of these in the form of fertilized hatching eggs from MyPetChicken. I would definitely like to breed them too! I'll keep an eye our on here for good breeding stock, I would love to help keep this breed around!

I was JUST looking at this breed today! I am starting out with my first incubator and was hoping to get some of these in the form of fertilized hatching eggs from MyPetChicken. I would definitely like to breed them too! I'll keep an eye our on here for good breeding stock, I would love to help keep this breed around!
welcome to Byc good luck with your getting the hatching egs

Back
Top Bottom