Calling all South Carolina Residents.........Columbia to be exact !

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
big_smile.png
I will be flying into Columbia ( Ft Jackson ) for my youngest son's graduation from Army basic training on November 7th....... I was wondering what your typical weather is like that time of year? What clothes should I pack? I am so way beyond excited and SO proud !
yippiechickie.gif

Hey Okie, I'm from Columbia. My mom and all of my siblings still live there. There is not much of a difference in the temps, it's about the same as here, so the same thing you wear here will work there. My dad was a DI at Jackson for 36 yrs, I know you are proud of you son, tell him Thanks for our freedom and we are proud of him too.

WOW how cool
big_smile.png
.............thanks for the "thanks " for him.he has NO idea how proud I am.....and thankful to ALL that serve......... I am in Oklahoma.....so do you think the weather is bout the same as HERE?

I'm sorry It took so long to get back to you. My mom is a artist in Columbia and she is paining a rooster pic for my Christmas present and she was wanting a pic of a rooster, so I was emailing her some. What is your weather like in OK? It is 60 and raining here. If you will let me know before you leave I can update you on the weather down there, sorry for my confusion before I'm so use to going to S.C. from here that I misread your post. I hope I can help you in some way. Let me know Laura

The weather in that part of the country is hard to predict. It would be freezing, cool, mild or hot. Seriously. I can remember Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners where we needed the a/c and others when we wore heavy coats and stood by the fire to get warm. That part of SC and Ga can see all 4 seasons in one day.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hi, I live an hour from Columbia, and my husband works in Columbia. Right now it's raining and 61 degrees.

Basically bring a light sweater / hoody for the day.
The evenings are starting to get colder, so you need a jacket.

Back
Top Bottom