Can a Female Ameraucana be This Color?

Cooking Sherry

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2022
In my first flock, I got 1 Ameraucana chicken. She looked like a cute little chipmunk as a baby chick. As she started to grow, she became a beautiful color that I learned from my research is called Blue Wheaten. However, my research says that the females of this color pattern are more cream and buff or red, but she is definitely a dark wheaten color with blue beard and muff as well as blue tail feathers. Does this mean she is actually a he? She is currently 18 weeks old, and I don't see any long tail feathers coming in. Her tail feathers look rounded like the rest of my pullets. Thanks for the guidance!

In my first flock, I got 1 Ameraucana chicken. She looked like a cute little chipmunk as a baby chick. As she started to grow, she became a beautiful color that I learned from my research is called Blue Wheaten. However, my research says that the females of this color pattern are more cream and buff or red, but she is definitely a dark wheaten color with blue beard and muff as well as blue tail feathers. Does this mean she is actually a he? She is currently 18 weeks old, and I don't see any long tail feathers coming in. Her tail feathers look rounded like the rest of my pullets. Thanks for the guidance!
Pics?

:welcome
Could you post a picture? Do you think she could be an Easter Egger?

Attachments

• IMG_3884.jpg
    IMG_3884.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3885.jpg
    IMG_3885.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 16
I got her at Orchalen's. She has slate legs and feet (with a slight greenish tinge) and the bay colored eyes. Her beard and muff were blue, but they seem to still be changing colors. She has less blue feathers than she did, but they are still prominent in her tail and wings.

Back
Top Bottom