Can anybody Tell me what kind of Bird this is!!!

th.gif
is what I would do if that thing walked into my house.

Quote:
Lived in Central Texas for over 20 years and have never seen these birds. I of course have become more observant of birds since getting chickens but would think this large footed bird would have been spotted before. Interesting bird I will be keeping my eyes peeled for in the future.

Quote:
Lived in Central Texas for over 20 years and have never seen these birds. I of course have become more observant of birds since getting chickens but would think this large footed bird would have been spotted before. Interesting bird I will be keeping my eyes peeled for in the future.

One usually sees them on the water, from a good distance away. They just look like small black birds bobbing on the waves. You've probably seen one, just didn't realize it.

We have tons of them here and I've only ever seen them in the water bobbing around. I didn't even recognize it with the lower half of the bird showing. They seem so timid that I cannot imagine one ever walking into the house. I wonder if someone was keeping it as a pet?

We have mud hens that visit our farm ponds in central Oklahoma.
While timid, they are not flighty. Our cows get close to them as they drink and the birds don't flee.
Perhaps something frightened the bird so it sought shelter inside.

Back
Top Bottom