Can anyone confirm these are two barnyard Roos ?

Here’s what’s making me second guess the brown is a cockerel. Can her neck feathers look this pointy and still be a hen ?
I see what you mean about "pointy" neck feathers. I don't think that's a sign of a rooster. My hens have "pointy" feathers on their necks too. And they lay eggs! She's really a beautiful chicken!
easter egger lays blue egg small.jpg

Here’s what’s making me second guess the brown is a cockerel. Can her neck feathers look this pointy and still be a hen ?

I see what you're saying @NORTHSH0RECOOP, Those are some pretty pointy feathers towards the top of you birds head and back of its neck. They look like newly developing hackle feathers to me. Hens neck feathers still have a point but are thicker and more rounded. From that picture your bird's look pretty thin. As of right now, I'd say you have two slow developing cockerels. Very pretty! And it's typical for young cockerels to be the slow feathering chicks, also, different breeds or crosses will grow at slower or faster rates. Keep us posted.

I see what you're saying @NORTHSH0RECOOP, Those are some pretty pointy feathers towards the top of you birds head and back of its neck. They look like newly developing hackle feathers to me. Hens neck feathers still have a point but are thicker and more rounded. From that picture your bird's look pretty thin. As of right now, I'd say you have two slow developing cockerels. Very pretty! And it's typical for young cockerels to be the slow feathering chicks, also, different breeds or crosses will grow at slower or faster rates. Keep us posted.
Thank you ! I’ll have to wait and see :)

Back
Top Bottom