Can anyone help identify poop? She Sick? EYP?

Kg2022

Chirping
Oct 1, 2022
Southeast NC
E8DB41CF-2E66-423E-9E67-2C79DA1858DF.jpeg
E8DB41CF-2E66-423E-9E67-2C79DA1858DF.jpeg

Attachments

• 6D018070-E5E7-409B-B194-D526B3EA0129.jpeg
    6D018070-E5E7-409B-B194-D526B3EA0129.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 6
  • D9FE176E-603D-4673-A60A-68AA660A5931.jpeg
    D9FE176E-603D-4673-A60A-68AA660A5931.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 0D4CFAE9-2D92-455F-997A-FDA9007370B2.jpeg
    0D4CFAE9-2D92-455F-997A-FDA9007370B2.jpeg
    714.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Any symptoms?

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

Remember that we are not veterinarians. We help based on our own research and experiences.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/have-an-emergency-disease-please-read-first.3569/

Any symptoms?

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use

Remember that we are not veterinarians. We help based on our own research and experiences.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/have-an-emergency-disease-please-read-first.3569/
Hi, we have spoken a few times…I first treated her for vent gleet, and noticed her poop had was that yellow diarrhea, which did clear up. For me the dreaded yellow yolk looking poop, I just sighed thinking of EYP, but had hopes for no lash eggs.

So a week has passed and I was concerned about that white poop (last night in pics above) and began treating her for bacterial infection with antibiotic …so far all of the hens minus 2 have either had EYP or Salpingitis…she was also shaking her head and sneezing with clear watery liquid from her beak.

No mites/lice. Quarantined from other birds. Eating and some drinking.

Ideas?

Is this the one you previously treated for Salpingitis and gave Baytril?

Is her crop emptying?
Any lice/mites?
Any infection in the ears or lesions inside the beak?

Often if a hen is having reproductive problems, this can be an ongoing issue even when treatment is administered, and they get better for a period of time. They can wax and wane.
I'd make sure her crop is emptying, look her over for lice/mites. If this is a close second round of antibiotics for her, then I'd get some probiotics into her. See that she's staying hydrated.
If possible, get a fecal float to see if worms and/or Coccidiosis are playing a part as well. Sometimes when not well, hens can become overloaded and these need to be addressed too.

Is this the one you previously treated for Salpingitis and gave Baytril?

Is her crop emptying?
Any lice/mites?
Any infection in the ears or lesions inside the beak?

Often if a hen is having reproductive problems, this can be an ongoing issue even when treatment is administered, and they get better for a period of time. They can wax and wane.
I'd make sure her crop is emptying, look her over for lice/mites. If this is a close second round of antibiotics for her, then I'd get some probiotics into her. See that she's staying hydrated.
If possible, get a fecal float to see if worms and/or Coccidiosis are playing a part as well. Sometimes when not well, hens can become overloaded and these need to be addressed too.
No this a different bird. The Baytril one is still alive. No lice/mites. Have you seen chicken poop like that before? Have given probiotics. Would I always be able to see worms in poop?

Rarely you would see worms in the poop unless there's a heavy overload.

Is there a way to get a fecal float?
I'd check to make sure her crop is emptying. Keep her hydrated.
Offer some wet feed. Bits of scrambled egg or tuna to entice her.

I've not really seen poop quite like that.

Back
Top Bottom