Can anyone help us to understand what to expect with Holderread order?

Leroy Brown and the Welshies

I believe in my IR mix I have a grey, a black, two buff, a chocolate, and 3 penciled

They came this morning! The only thing is they were dropped off in another towns post office, so they called and asked what we wanted to do, come and get them or have our towns post office pick them up. We chose to get them. They all were alive and alert. Yeah!

They shipped at 5:08 pm on May 12 from Oregon to Michigan at 8:30 am May 14.
We ordered ten and we got eleven. We got the breed we wanted if we got extra which was a silver welsh harlequin and I believe it is a TSQ too!

I will post better photos soon. The newspaper is temporary as they were trying to eat the bedding, so we covered it until they get used to eating their feed.

TSQ Silver Welsh Harlequin (It looks like a drake and a duck)

TSQ Silver Appleyard (light yellow with black on head and tail), Regular Silver Appleyard (almost mallard looking)

TSQ Saxony (almost solid yellow with faint eye stripes), Regular Saxony (faded tan mallard coloring)

You'll need to do another comparison when everyone's feathered out. It'll be interesting to see.

We plan to, so I will post pictures when we do. We are putting rubber bands on their legs to keep track just in case they begin to look alike.

Stupid question: what is TSQ? I know SQ stands for show quality but TSQ?

No question is stupid ;) but you had the right idea...top show quality. The birds came from the top show quality stock. That does not mean they will be TSQ themselves, but they have the genetics. We would have ordered all TSQ if I would have known there would be this much of a difference in coloring and marking. Lesson learned! However, like I said before we plan to keep track of each to see if there is indeed a difference as matured birds.

Back
Top Bottom