Can anyone tell me approximately what age this is?

The first one i got (first pic) was said to have been hatched 3/7/15....the guy said this one is the same age. So i'm not sure...i really can't go by what he says anymore LOL ...when i first saw this 2nd one i knew it was a dominique...but he kept saying barred rock...i just went along with it since i didnt care what breed. I just want a **** hen lol and this one looks younger than the first...he said 2 weeks younger. But then again lol....i dont know if he doesnt know it himself or he just knows im new to this and he's trying to pull fast ones. LoL...he uses that magnet thing to figure out sex...and it makes me laugh when he sways hi body in the direction of what he wants chick to be lol

Honestly, I would not get any more birds from that guy. It could be a 4 month old pullet starting to hit puberty. But if he doesn't even know what's what, and isn't keeping his breeds separate, then it could be a mixed breed cockerel of unknown age. Chalk it up to a learning experience. At least now you know how to spot a shady operation. If this one starts crowing or sprouting long, thin feathers near the base of the tail, take it back to the 'breeder' and get a refund instead of an exchange. Then find some black or red sexlinks.
Or try this forum to find people in your state or area for recommendations for hatcheries or breeders.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

I agree. He was insisting the first one was a hen while he was doin the magnet thing...then it crowed LOL

He sold me a black austrolorpe as a black sex link...sometimes i think he also doesnt know...because i asked if he had black austrolorpes he said not at this time.i dont know lol

Back
Top Bottom