Can anyone tell me what breed these are?

Thanks everyone! I’m not at all happy with the store; but, in today’s society, along with the attitude of the store help, I think they could care less about the mix-up. It makes me ill, but it is what it is. I guess I’ll just raise my broilers & love on them while I have them. ❤️
Good for you :)

Id imagine these birds lay down to eat often and are missing feathers from there tummy and breast area? Do they act like they are starving anytime you put food out there?

If you aren't already, you can try to transition to something that is really low in protein. I am not sure what that is, but just ask the feed store for the lowest protein fowl/poultry food available. Also, RATION THEIR FOOD!! These guys will literally eat themselves to death. If you give them a cup or so of food a day, and slow their growth, I'm sure they will I've longer - the hen especially.

Cornish x would probably have patches of missing feathers and even thicker legs at this point.
Not necessarily true. There can be a lot of variation in leg thickness, especially amongst the hens. But there are a lot of hatcheries who dont have the spotty feather thing figured out. We've had lots and lots of Cornish X and jumbo Cornish X that are fully feathered.

Back
Top Bottom