Can baby incubated ducklings go in water if kept warm?

Venevee

In the Brooder
Oct 12, 2016
I've seen some video of people letting their incubated ducklings go in water and swim. I've also been told though not to do that because they don't have their mother's oil so they will get too cold and die. I've always stayed on the safe side with my ducks and never let them into swimming water until they have all their down. I recently got five ducklings and I really want to introduce them to water earlier then I used to because the last ducks I had were scared of water! What duck is scared of water?

I always let them swim at just a couple days old.
I let them swim daily for short - supervised sessions.
They love water at this young age.
Its just important to put them back in the brooder inder the heat lamp so they can dry out easily.
Otherwise they can get chilled.
I usually let mine swim for 15-20 minutes :)

I always let them swim at just a couple days old.
I let them swim daily for short - supervised sessions.
They love water at this young age.
Its just important to put them back in the brooder inder the heat lamp so they can dry out easily.
Otherwise they can get chilled.
I usually let mine swim for 15-20 minutes
smile.png
okay thanks! I put them in the tub for about 15 minutes this morning and they loved it. Got them right underneath the heat lamp after their swim. The good little duckies even stayed right under the lamp and preened their fluff.

okay thanks! I put them in the tub for about 15 minutes this morning and they loved it. Got them right underneath the heat lamp after their swim. The good little duckies even stayed right under the lamp and preened their fluff. 

1f44d-1f3fb.png
Good deal . I love watching young ducklings play in water
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom