Can Blue Partridge Brahmas Be Shown in APA Shows?

WWChickens

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2015
New Hampshire
Hello! I recently bought some Blue Partridge Brahmas and would love to show them this year at the APA show in NH. I was wondering if I would be allowed to do that even though they aren't recognized (I think) by the APA? (This pic has the javas I bought too).

You would only be eligible for Best of Variety unless there is noone else then you would be eligible for best of breed. The only way you can advanced up the ladder is if you do not have competition in the categories of variety, breed, class, species, and fowl type. I saw a pair of White Egyptian geese that took Best of Variety, Best of Breed and Champion Light Goose due to the fact that they were the only ones there but competing against the Champion Medium and Heavy Geese then they would not qualify since they are non-standard.

The shows will gladly take your money for registration and coop rental, along with the cleanup fee.
smile.png
But as has been said, showing non accepted varieties merely exhibits the birds as an interest getter. The birds will be judged as per the breed standard for type so you'll have a good idea of the quality of the birds.

But they'll be placed only within the Brahma breed and will not be allowed to compete against the other classes or higher levels of award. The experience of going to a show is a blast!!! Highly recommend. While working on a project line of birds, it's kinda fun and rewarding to also keep and show accepted breeds and accepted varieties at the same time. Take a few of both to the show. That way, you have a wider, more enriched experience in my view.

I showed some of my birds last year (a Speckled Sussex, four Black Australorps, a Welsummer and a White Leghorn) and I didn't have to pay for anything.. It was at a small show at a fair but labeled as a APA Poultry Show. And that's good about learning the brahma characteristics, I'd definitely want to breed them to perfection as a brahma (but with their blue partridge coloration). Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom