Can chickens eat spiders???

Sometimes you eat the spider and sometimes the spider eats you.....
83761_chicspider.jpg

That's one big spider. Wonder if it is real. looks like a tarantula, but next to the chick, I'm thinking it is fake or photoshopped. But thanks for the fodder for unhappy nightmares ; )

Re post: But not all venom will poison you or your chickens. It's there to help kill or stun their prey, usually much smaller than you are. Wait, did I say usually? Unless you live in a B-movie, ALWAYS much smaller than you are. Some spiders, due to some accident of nature, have venom that will kill things many times their size.

I’ll give you the drum – here in Oz we have more bloody spiders, smaller than us by the way that will kill you with their venom, than anywhere else in the world. And you will die in the most excruciating pain.
Aint no accident of nature either.
Just saying……
Still, if my chooks will go them & eat em, they must know what they are up to.

as long as you know its not gonna harm them. If its poisonus, then you can't. But I don't really know how to tell though.
On the other hand, my chickens will only eat insects that are alive. Otherwise it doesn't look like good food to them. But what gross is when they catch a big, ugly daddy leg spider It makes a crunching noise when they peck into it.

Back
Top Bottom