Can ducks lay 2 eggs a day?

Charlieee

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
So I have this question which needs an answer!
I have this duck, and she has just started laying in the nesting box amazingly. I would have thought she would choose around the dam but I guess not.
She does not have any other chickens or a type of bird in her cage that can lay an egg. But everyday for a few days I go in there, and there are 2 pure white eggs in the nest. I take the eggs out then come back the next day and there are 2 PURE WHITE EGGS AGAIN!

I could not belive my eyes! She is one amazing duck, but how is she doing this? There are no other ducks or chickens that can be laying these so it must be her!

Thanks
Charlieee

I have a pekin, cayuga, and a cambell that have been lating since August an egg a day like clockwork. About a month ago, I would begin to find 4 eggs in the box, an occasional 5 eggs, and tonight I just pulled 6! I'm sure they will get back into rythm soon but for now we are enjoying the extra bounty. Plus it comes just in time for fall pumpkin and apple pies!

When they just begin laying they sometimes lay 2 eggs a day. Sometimes 1 of the eggs has no shell. Her cycle will balance out and she will go to 1 egg a day. Either that or someone is pulling your leg.

This is completely normal. It has to do with your ducks hormones trying to balance out. Keep her calm and don't do anything to stress her out during this time. She should be fine and it should regulate to 1 egg a day. If it doesn't then maybe her body is okay with producing 2 a day. Nothing to worry about !Enjoy the fresh eggs! There's nothing like em' !

Yeah mine are cambells and i have two one of them has been laying one a day so we thought we had male and female.Until today we had three eggs in nest mmm confusing but not a joke lol .We were confused but we will see what happens tommorow

Yeah mine are cambells and i have two one of them has been laying one a day so we thought we had male and female.Until today we had three eggs in nest mmm confusing but not a joke lol .We were confused but we will see what happens tommorow
what age? sometimes when they first begin to lay there can be glitches sometimes a hard shell and shortly after a soft shell. It usually works it's self out and nothing to be concernend about.

I also have a super duck that has started to lay more than 1 egg a day. She has been laying 1 a day until yesterday. I found 1 in the hen house and one in the yard. This morning when I let them out there were THREE eggs in her nest!!!! I have one Campbell hen and one drake. They stay in the hen house with 20 chickens but there is no mistaking who the eggs belong to. And they all have hard shells.

Something went ary with my birds and they all stopped laying. We finally fixed it, but now the duck is laying 2 eggs a day. Does that fall into the "when they first start laying" category since it's been 2 months since she was laying?

I'm a novice, having hatched some duck eggs under my broody last summer (June 2015) and now I'm REALLY CONFUSED
My 2 ducks were doing mating-type behaviour (mounting) so I assumed I had a duck and a drake, but now I'm getting 2 eggs a day. These birds are aylesbury-type: white with yellow beak/feet. Bred in England for meat or eggs, so I believe. They can't fly but can hop a bit. The eggs, though, are green in colour, not white. Lovely getting 2 a day but WILL THEY HATCH? IS ONE A DRAKE OR NOT?

Back
Top Bottom