Can I feather sex mixes?

Yucca quail

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
I have golden giant, Italian, and wild type.. I think. Can I feather sex the mixes? The wild type seems to be extremely obvious but if they are mixes can I trust it? No one has foam yet šŸ™ˆ I was confident on a couple.. until I read you canā€™t feather sex mixes? Thank you!!

Feather sexing is not in any way accurate on most cases, especially mixes. I suggest waiting until they are around 4-8 weeks old, or until it becomes obvious (pink comb early on-hackle/sickle feathers)

I have golden giant, Italian, and wild type.. I think. Can I feather sex the mixes? The wild type seems to be extremely obvious but if they are mixes can I trust it? No one has foam yet šŸ™ˆ I was confident on a couple.. until I read you canā€™t feather sex mixes? Thank you!!
You can feather sex wild and Italian, so I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t feather sex their offspring. The ones you canā€™t feather sex are tuxedos because they have white chests, and any of the range pattern birds, Tibetan, Rosetta etc.

You can feather sex wild and Italian, so I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t feather sex their offspring. The ones you canā€™t feather sex are tuxedos because they have white chests, and any of the range pattern birds, Tibetan, Rosetta etc.
They are all in an aviary together. So golden could have bred with wild etc. I wasnā€™t sure if I could feather sex them if theyā€™re mixedšŸ™ˆ

Back
Top Bottom