Can I feed my chickens canned red kidney beans?

Canned beans are already cooked so - yes - you can feed them to your flock straight from the can. I give my girls cooked legumes every once in a while as a protein boost.

However . . . the great majority of my girls turn up their beaks at kidney beans. I've got one or two who eat them all!

Ok. I wasn't sure if they needed to be cooked again or could be served out of the can or not served at all! I noticed I have a relatively large stock of them and thought if they could eat them I would have more room in my pantry!

Well I have 29 chickens so hopefully 1 or 2 like them! I just got them sunday and they sure love when I bring the food scrap dish in the morning!

Canned beans are already cooked so - yes - you can feed them to your flock straight from the can. I give my girls cooked legumes every once in a while as a protein boost.

However . . . the great majority of my girls turn up their beaks at kidney beans. I've got one or two who eat them all!
Mine also refused beans... ate everything else but the beans! I fixed their feathers, I mashed them and made a paté & mixed in their feed. I was nice and made it more feed than beans but they ate it! I will not be outdone by a chicken. Lol

Back
Top Bottom