Can I put wet crumble in with my hatchling? It seems hungry.

Okay first off my husband and children say I have a feeding fetish. Most my animals are overfed or extremely well fed. So it could just be I'm over worried. However, She's pecking around she's pecking at the sides and other eggs, she looks like she's hungry she even tried to eat part of her egg shell. So I wanted to know if I wet a little bit of crumbled down, if I could slide it in the incubator for her to eat.

She's pecking around she's pecking at the sides and other eggs, she looks like she's hungry she even tried to eat part of her egg shell.
Baby people put toys in their mouths.
Puppies chew on everything, even if it is not food.
And baby chickens peck everything as they learn about it.
It's just part of the way they learn about the world.

After the chick is dried off and fluffy, you can move it to the brooder and provide food and water there. The chick will peck everything (food, water, bedding, sides of the brooder, its own toes, other chicks, and so forth.)

Since the chick absorbs the yolk just before it hatches, it doesn't really need to eat for the first 3 days or so. Once it is in the brooder, it will start eating little bits, which is fine. But there is no need to worry about it starving anytime soon, or even feeling hungry yet.

Baby people put toys in their mouths.
Puppies chew on everything, even if it is not food.
And baby chickens peck everything as they learn about it.
It's just part of the way they learn about the world.

After the chick is dried off and fluffy, you can move it to the brooder and provide food and water there. The chick will peck everything (food, water, bedding, sides of the brooder, its own toes, other chicks, and so forth.)

Since the chick absorbs the yolk just before it hatches, it doesn't really need to eat for the first 3 days or so. Once it is in the brooder, it will start eating little bits, which is fine. But there is no need to worry about it starving anytime soon, or even feeling hungry yet.
Thank you, I didn't think about it just testing out it's new world. Like I said, I feed everything! Lol if I see anyone, anything I always offer food or a drink. I'll control myself. 😂🤣😂

Back
Top Bottom