Can I Sell Eggs as "OG" While Using Permethrin?

This is a good suggestion.

Personally I would feel ripped off if I found someone was selling organic eggs and then discovered they didn't disclose they were using pesticides.
Now that might not bother everyone, but most people who are looking for the organic term would care.
Well, I couldn't claim that my operation is truly organic, because I have occasionally used small amounts of chemical fertilizer, and my ducks are allowed to free range my entire acreage.
However, my ducks get fed large quantities of organic produce scraps, and they get very limited amounts of bagged pellets.
Contrast this to a confined animal being fed dry pellets only, but the pellets are organic.
My point is that I'll take Humanly Raised, or Best Available Practices (my case) over organic.
Remember too, that organic certification can be expensive, so not everyone can afford to have that label. Moreover, organic certification doesn't have any provisions for the animals natural needs, such as bathing water pools, or exercise and sunlight.
Conclusion: I'll take my Humanly Raised, Best Available Practices duck eggs over any available commercial eggs that are simply labeled organic.
After all, chickens aren't meant to eat 'all vegetarian' feed, they're insectivores that should be free to forage.

Well, I couldn't claim that my operation is truly organic, because I have occasionally used small amounts of chemical fertilizer, and my ducks are allowed to free range my entire acreage.
However, my ducks get fed large quantities of organic produce scraps, and they get very limited amounts of bagged pellets.
Contrast this to a confined animal being fed dry pellets only, but the pellets are organic.
My point is that I'll take Humanly Raised, or Best Available Practices (my case) over organic.
Remember too, that organic certification can be expensive, so not everyone can afford to have that label. Moreover, organic certification doesn't have any provisions for the animals natural needs, such as bathing water pools, or exercise and sunlight.
Conclusion: I'll take my Humanly Raised, Best Available Practices duck eggs over any available commercial eggs that are simply labeled organic.
After all, chickens aren't meant to eat 'all vegetarian' feed, they're insectivores that should be free to forage.
I agree with all that. it sounds like you raise your birds similar to how I raise mine.
My point was mainly that people who are looking for that "assurance" with the organic label would certainly want the fact disclosed that pesticides were used.

Yeah, my customers and retail co-op was split right down the middle. Half cared a lot about the permethrin, and the other half couldn't care at all, with a couple people in the middle. One of my customers had some health issues, and she told me that is why she tries to avoid pesticides.

Yeah, my customers and retail co-op was split right down the middle. Half cared a lot about the permethrin, and the other half couldn't care at all, with a couple people in the middle. One of my customers had some health issues, and she told me that is why she tries to avoid pesticides.
Always good to avoid pesticides, and there are many types.
Estrogen based insecticides, which are extremely popular right now should always be avoided.
Some time ago they used nicotine based insecticides and in my opinion those were much safer.
Glyphosate herbicides should be avoided too!

Always good to avoid pesticides, and there are many types.
Estrogen based insecticides, which are extremely popular right now should always be avoided.
Some time ago they used nicotine based insecticides and in my opinion those were much safer.
Glyphosate herbicides should be avoided too!
I'm curious about what you mean by "safer"... neonicontinoids are known to harm or kill bees.

They are all bad, but neonicontinoids are not linked to human cancers (as far as I know), while there have been huge settlement cases from people exposed to glyphosate getting hodgkins lymphoma. I think Pollo Blanco was speaking of lesser evils here.

Back
Top Bottom