Can I show French/American standard Marans in the UK?

BlueTheBrahma

Songster
Sep 2, 2021
I have recently hatched some French black copper marans. I originally thought that clean legged marans were defects, so chose to get the best French, feathered shanked marans I could find at the time. But I live in the UK, and it turns out the UK standard does not like feathered legs. Does anyone with a bit of experience know whether or not these birds are okay to show (permitting all other features grow in sufficiently and the shows open again), or am I going to have to breed them into clean legged marans when I can get some?

I have recently hatched some French black copper marans. I originally thought that clean legged marans were defects, so chose to get the best French, feathered shanked marans I could find at the time. But I live in the UK, and it turns out the UK standard does not like feathered legs. Does anyone with a bit of experience know whether or not these birds are okay to show (permitting all other features grow in sufficiently and the shows open again), or am I going to have to breed them into clean legged marans when I can get some?
Hi there, I don’t raise this breed but I found a website that might help you, maybe you could email them and ask questions. Good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom