Can i take chickens on vacation?

Roosterboy

Songster
11 Years
Oct 28, 2008
Will chickens adapt quickly? Will it stress them out? What about short trips? Just to give them some fresh foraging and to show them off
big_smile.png

Sounds like a good idea. Put some chicken diapers on them and take them to the four seasons in New York City for a week, maybe take them to see the Statue of Liberty while you are there.. Or put some bikinis on them and take them to the beach for a nice relaxing vacation. or.... maybe for a nice ski trip in Aspen?

The skies the limit!!!

Do you mean on a human vacation, or on a chicken vacation? Are you planning on taking them to, say, a resort or other human type place? Or, are you planning on taking them to some nice new pasture for them to explore, or a poultry show, or some other poultry type place? I guess I am wondering what you mean by "vacation." Human or chicken-themed?
smile.png

Unless you know your chickens to be the sentimental types that would cherish the memories of time spent at your relatives forever, I'd think it a very bad idea.

Bring photos if you want to show them off. Pictures don't get stressed, won't run away forever when they find themselves thrown into a strange environment, won't pick up diseases from other photos in your relatives' neighborhood and won't crap all over your relatives lawn, or porch or sidewalk.

Most people I know are non-chicken owners and find chickens entertaining for, at best, 10 minutes or so. Less if the chickens are pooping all over their deck furniture

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom