Can I use a crow reducing collar on a goose?

Fanny03

Hatching
Oct 19, 2022
Hello,
I have a goose and she is a little loud. Which I know that all geese are, but we live in a quiet neighborhood and I don’t want to get rid of her. She means a lot to me and is mainly loud once seeing me and at night. I have come across people using a crow reducing collars on their chickens and was wondering if you can use the same on ducks and geese? I bought one the size for a turkey and I’m just not sure if that will help and I don’t wanna use it on her until I get more information on it and if other people have used it. Can I use a large crow reducing collars are on a goose? Is it safe? Please let me know if it is and your experiences on it. Thank you I appreciate it!

I have no expierience with these collars.

If your neighbors are having any issues with the sound you can try inviting people over to interact with her and give her treats, this will give you the opportunity to explain to them that she’s honking to express joy and to greet others and will help them see her as your pet and a little individual with feelings, not as a noise making nuisance they can’t empathize with.

I have no expierience with these collars.

If your neighbors are having any issues with the sound you can try inviting people over to interact with her and give her treats, this will give you the opportunity to explain to them that she’s honking to express joy and to greet others and will help them see her as your pet and a little individual with feelings, not as a noise making nuisance they can’t empathize with.
:goodpost:

As a person VERY familiar with neighbours getting stroppy about goose noise, I have looked into many different options, as we all know, geese have varied personalities and so your milage may vary, however, a crow collar isn't going to work as a goose has a different anatomy to the birds they're designed for and a crow collar is all about restricting how much they can puff up to let out a loud noise.

I've tried bark alarms,
taking them walkies to wear them out,
covering their run so they can't see things walking about that might set them off (They can still hear suspicious noises and honk anyway )

Some horrible person even suggested i have him "de-barked"

Basically, it's pot luck on keeping them quiet.
Mine spend a lot of time indoors.

No. Don't do that. Rehome the goose or adjust your goose area so the goose does not have a reason to honk.

I have 12 geese. They honk a bunch when they are left out of their night-time quarters, for maybe 3 minutes. The only other time they make noise is when they see someone walking around. Except during breeding season; that's a whole different situation.

Just remember, if any of your neighbors have dogs, they will bark any time of the day for any reason. Your goose, in a proper area should only honk when it has a GOOD reason. You will never hear a goose honking all night long as a dog might bark!!!

As a person VERY familiar with neighbours getting stroppy about goose noise, I have looked into many different options, as we all know, geese have varied personalities and so your milage may vary, however, a crow collar isn't going to work as a goose has a different anatomy to the birds they're designed for and a crow collar is all about restricting how much they can puff up to let out a loud noise.

I've tried bark alarms,
taking them walkies to wear them out,
covering their run so they can't see things walking about that might set them off (They can still hear suspicious noises and honk anyway )

Some horrible person even suggested i have him "de-barked"

Basically, it's pot luck on keeping them quiet.
Mine spend a lot of time indoors.
Do you have special pens built for them inside? I have had chickens & ducks inside briefly (babies in containers, injured birds) but never a full grown goose! Now I'm interested...please share your ideas!😁

Back
Top Bottom