Can I ????

angeleyes18265

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 30, 2014
Hello my fellow water fowl lovers. I have a bit of a situation. I have hatched out chinese geese. And was given a pilgrim gosling. I was wondering if these 2 can be mated and have viable offspring. I have a female chinese gosling and a male chinese gosling. So I know I can mate them but I was just pondering if my male chose the pilgrim if they would have viable offspring.

Thanks so much everyone.
big_smile.png

Hello my fellow water fowl lovers. I have a bit of a situation. I have hatched out chinese geese. And was given a pilgrim gosling. I was wondering if these 2 can be mated and have viable offspring. I have a female chinese gosling and a male chinese gosling. So I know I can mate them but I was just pondering if my male chose the pilgrim if they would have viable offspring.

Thanks so much everyone.
big_smile.png
yes they can both species being domesticated. and
welcome-byc.gif

yes they can both species being domesticated. and
welcome-byc.gif
Thanks so much for the info Miss Lydia. I am new to the goose breeding and want to make sure that they are happy and as healthy as they can be. My plan is to have a breeding pair and use the offspring for meat. I DO NOT eat meat out of a grocery store. That is my plan with my ducks and chickens as well. However I will have more chickens than anything else for their eggs mainly. I do have a knack for hatching geeses however. So far I have had a 1 for 1 hatch. I have had 12 eggs given to me and have had 12 goslings hatch. I have kept 2. My little female is just a few days old. Im trying to bond with her so that I have no issues later on. Here she is, about 2 days old :)

Thanks so much for the info Miss Lydia. I am new to the goose breeding and want to make sure that they are happy and as healthy as they can be. My plan is to have a breeding pair and use the offspring for meat. I DO NOT eat meat out of a grocery store. That is my plan with my ducks and chickens as well. However I will have more chickens than anything else for their eggs mainly. I do have a knack for hatching geeses however. So far I have had a 1 for 1 hatch. I have had 12 eggs given to me and have had 12 goslings hatch. I have kept 2. My little female is just a few days old. Im trying to bond with her so that I have no issues later on. Here she is, about 2 days old :)

How precious. and she'll be your buddy for life. I am raising 2 gosling right now since 2 days old and I'm telling you they are my shadow. I love them to pieces. Enjoy!!

Isn't she just too cute .. I jave a male gosling that's 3 weeks and hes my shadow. I have him running lightly to get his little wings flapping to prevent Angel wing.

Isn't she just too cute .. I jave a male gosling that's 3 weeks and hes my shadow. I have him running lightly to get his little wings flapping to prevent Angel wing.
Watch the protein content in their feed, mine is at 20% so this week I have added some whole oats and wheat to their feed to bring it down and also get them out on grass that will help too.

They sure are alot of fun.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom