Can someone explain to me why you would do this?

Yum...Yum... I have nothing nice to say about that silly thing. Maybe to keep her out of certain places, I have 2 pygmy goats and have to block off the chicken door or I find them in there, but I would never duct tape sticks to their horns, just modifiy the coop.

It looks like it is intended to keep her from going through fences or doors. I'm not familiar with goats, but putting yokes on cattle that like to go through fences is a standard practice.

It would prevent her from walking through a gate for example. Could cause a lot of other problems for her as well and probably not the best choice to control an animal.

Goats often stick their heads through a fence and then can't get back due to their horns hooking the wire. Sticks across the horns either teach them not to put their head through or prevent them from doing it. Some learn without the sticks, some need sticks to learn, some never learn and need them for life.

That stick however is way too long and low from what I have seen done before. She can hook that on more things than it will prevent, and the curl of her horn is still open for hooking things. So really, I don't know what's up with that.

Budding is a better option IMO, but too late for that with her.

Great.......now I want to rescue a goat
roll.png

Quote:
Lol. ditto. hahahaha. However, I have seen this and I think it's a great idea when used correctly after having personally rescued a very nasty billy from just such a predicament. He was NOT appreciative.

I kinda figured it was to prevent her from getting stuck in wire or something like that (maybe shes an ecscape artist lol). Thank you all for your input, I learn a little something on BYC everyday.

I think the "Please come an add her to your family" is really saying "this goat is really such a pain in the patootie, gets into all types of trouble, almost kills itself on fences that I have to tape a stupid broom stick to it's head... please someone else take her" I have seen those before, although that is going a little over board.... maybe she knows karate ?

You know, I wish people would stop posting crazy looking stuff like that to Craigslist...it gives people with above-board, good legitimate business to conduct online a bad appearance. All it does is make people talk...why not just take a nice picture of the goat without the stick?

Back
Top Bottom