Can someone Help me find out what kind of chick this is???

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I just recently hatched a few of my own eggs yesterday. Now, I have (all hens) barred rock,speckled sussex, white leghorn, Araucana,rir, golden buff. My rooster is a mixed breed chicken.. The egg that this chick hatched from is light brown, almost creamy white/brown. I think it looks like an araucauna but those eggs are green/blue. Could it be a speckled sussex? Or something else?

That egg looks like what my EE's eggs looked like at the end of the season. Does it have a greenish tint to it at all? EE and ameracauna's eggs get lighter at the end of laying cycles? If the egg is definitely brown and not green I'd guess speckled sussex.

Looks like my chicks that were a cross between a RIR (feedstore "RIR") and an EE (feedstore "Auracauna"
roll.png
). Congratulations!

EDIT TO ADD: The hen was the red and the roo was the EE. Your mixed roo might have some EE in him. ;)

Last edited:
Im not sure what my roo is, He came from a farmer when he was a peep, He looks like a bit of a Columbian wyandottie with some brown on his neck hackle and green tint tail feathers. Hes a very good roo. 1 1/2 years old and still no spurs, just nubs. He's doin a great job of fertilizing, 23 out of 24 eggs fertilized. My wife and i were dumbfounded because we immideatly thought the chick looked like an araucana, but the egg was creamy brown.

Back
Top Bottom