Can washed eggs hatch?

hatching is not for everyone.. I happen to enjoy it.. and I do a lot of custom hatching for other people also.. I have 3 sportsmans going almost continuously from now until fall.. I also have 4 LG for overflow orders.. I just bought a 2000 egg incubator , just because.. I also let random birds hatch their own eggs.. usually because they have already snuck off and are setting anyway.. LOL

I have to incubate the guinea eggs because they always sneak off into the woods and then either they lose all the chicks or they get ate themselves or all the above..

I washed my eggs because I didn't know I was going to hatch them and I've had some unexpected success. I had more then just washing them against me and while I would be more careful to collect them before they could get dirty and treat them with more care, I wouldn't throw away fertile eggs just because they were washed.

I understand your not wanting to waste your hens time but I would do as someone else recommended and just candle them to see if they're progressing. Just a few days of your girls time.

If I learned anything from my first hatching is that they're not as sensitive as we think.
smile.png

Let us know how it goes.
fl.gif

Ahhh...what else does a chicken have to do with it's time? Please let her set on them and let us all know how it works out.

Thanks again for all of these replys. I'm so amazed that this can actually work and they may hatch. With my luck, they'll all hatch, lol. I've been looking for an excuse to build another coop, hehehe. My little silkie was very happy to get her eggs this morning. I'll have an update in 21 days. ; )

hello i know this post is old but i was just wondering if youre washed eggs hatched? i got twwo ddiff. coups and one coop has a hen gone broody and im plannin on lettin her do the mothers job and push all other chickens to the other coup, only bout twenty in all anyways. but i was wonderong if i took care of the chicks and kept putting eggs under her from ther other coup would she keep sitting? im abbout to try with the eggs i just washedto get the silky girls to sit on the and maybe go broody with the other hen, the silkys are in a big bottle nest thats moveable. it took me some thinking to come up with this becasue ive got fighting roosters and they dont fight inside the coup tho. but i just want the babies t obe protected and already ive shut the door to the other hens cus i seen them peck a still wet chic.

Was wondering whatever happened with this batch? We bought a goat today and the owner gave us a dozen freshly laid Americana eggs, and I want to incubate them, but she washed them. I don't know how...if it was just water or more? I've had good success with our homemade incubator and wanted to give these a go, but not at the expense of three weeks of work. Thoughts?

Alicat

Hi weve got 48 eggs incubating ducks chickens 5breeds in all. We washed all tthe.dirty eggs in warm water dried and left in an egg box point down before incubation. We are on day 8 (15for ducks) an all 48 are fertile growing chickens (or floaty black dots at.mo) good luck x

Back
Top Bottom