Can you create a buff laced blue?

Chickanmanfromarkansas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
Is there any way to create a buff laced blue chicken. If so which breeds are the best to use?
Would you use the normal blue genes of the self blue?

I believe chickenman is asking about Buff lacing, not blue lacing. The other way around. I've never heard of such, and it sounds fascinating - But honestly I wouldn't know what to say. The closest to that are Dun-laced Wyandottes, who I have only once heard of. From there you miiight be able to cross with a blue or some other sort of laced bird, but I'm not sure.

If I'm wrong - Then yeah, blue laced reds can be found all over the forum, and some cross breeds generate or throw out blue laced yellow/buff males.

Quote:
Here's pics of Dunlaced Wyandottes

20866_dscn0421.jpg

I was talking about a blue chicken (base color) with buff lacing (like on the buff laced polish).

I too would wait in line for the dun laced wyandottes. Love the coloring.

Buff laced Polish are actually white-laced buffs - What you're looking for is probably best to start with the dun-laced birds, and go from there.

A Blue bird with Buff Lacing is not possible.
Lacings can only be black, or black that has been modified, IE blue by use of heterozygous Blue, Splash white by homozygous Blue or homozygous Dun, Dun/Chocolate by heterozygous Dun, Lavender by Lavender or White by Dominant White.
David

Back
Top Bottom