Can you eat Duck Eggs.

blake101

Songster
9 Years
Feb 13, 2010
North, MS
Can you eat Duck Eggs? If so how do you eat them, just as you would a chicken egg? How do they taste?

Last edited:
lots of people eat duck eggs just like chicken eggs......lots of people bake with them....they say duck eggs make the cakes so good. i can't get past how nasty our ducks are so I can't eat the eggs.

I LOVE to eat my Cayuga's eggs. The yolks seem a little more dense then my chicken eggs. Most people cant tell the difference. I give friends both duck and chicken eggs and have them tell me which ones they like best....hehehehe...sneeky of me!!!

One of my daughters is allergic to chicken and chicken eggs. Duck eggs have been a lifesaver for us! I use them in all of my baking now, they make the best cookies. Yummy! I think when they are scrammbled or fried they are a little firmer then chicken eggs, but we like that. Also because they can be a bit bigger we use 2 in recipes that call for 3. If the recipe only calls for 1 or 2 I just use what it calls for. Have fun trying them:)

tongue.png
i love to make french toast with my duck eggs.It just makes them better.Duck eggs are richer than chicken eggs.I am not a yolk fan.I will eat the white part and give my hubby the yolk.
carla

Back
Top Bottom