Can you eat fertile eggs?

You will know when the roo wants to start breeding by the noise. The roo will try to grab a hen anyway he can. This usually upsets the hen quite a bit. With some practise your roo will get the hang of it.

I find the crowing and mating almost always go hand in hand. As soon as the rooster crows, he starts mating.. Not always, but 90% of the times I have experienced it.

The pullets are not ready for a man until they are ready to lay eggs, so at first they are usually set against being mated.. so there is a lot of forcing in the beginning. Poor girls.

I am not sure. I got the eggs from a coworker and threw them in the bator. I got two black cochin roos, one cochin hen, one hen i am not sure of, and big baby.
I'm sorry steelchair....I was just joking around.....and I dated myself as old in the process. I don't know if you have heard of Dan Fogelberg, a singer/songwriter popular in the late 70's into the 90's. He recorded an album released in 1978 called "Twin Sons of Different Mothers", which is what the comment was about. You are probably much younger than me.

Back
Top Bottom